1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is ministering in my town not enough

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Louise, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Louise

Louise Guest

I live in a small town. I have gone to church since I was born. I know the Lord and was saved in the third grade. I have gone through my many years as a christian praying for me to let God completly take over and control my life. At times it seems so difficult and I want to hold back at times, but I remember that he gave me this life and I should use it to his glory. Recently I read a book named "Things fall apart" In the book it brought out christian missionaries influencing the Igbo culture. Ever since the date of reading that book it has not been off my mind. Every time I say a prayer it seems to pop up. I have prayed about this issue and feel the lord is calling me to be one of those missionaries. Please write to me words of wisdom, encouragement, or just pray for me and what my future may hold. Go ye therefore and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost; teaching them to observe all things which I have commanded, and lo i am with you always, even until the end of the world.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would remind you of the follow on to the verse you quoted: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Acts 1:8...ye shall be witnesses unto me in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of the world<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My question is are you doing your part in reaching your Jerusalem/Judea/Samaria? Texas is a big piece of real estate. I would see what doors of service God has open for you in the Lone Star State.

In His service,
    Keith

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: The Squire ]

3. Louise

Louise Guest

Africa is on record as the continent with the highest numerical Christian growth rate in the world. And the Bible has been identifietd as "a major contributor" to this phenomenal growth of Christianity in Africa. Maybe my duty is just to supply money for bibles in the time being----thanks