1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is NASCAR really a sport?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

That makes sense. After only 6 cars started the "race", I didn't watch it much, and I didn't watch the podium ceremony at all. My comments were from a couple of pics I had seen afterwards.

It was Bernie. I think it was Tony George's suggestion, because he would have done anything to have a real race. There was a suggestion of allowing points for Ferrari, Minardi and Jordan only, or even make it a non-points paying race. To their credit, Ferrari was Ok with both of these, including making it a non-points paying race. But, Bernie said no.

I think Michelin deserves some blame because they didn't have a tire ready for the race. But, most of the blame was/is Bernie's.

It was a really strange thing to feel sorry for Tony George.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

There are some good things happening here. Bruton Smith is spending millions of dollars on the Las Vegas track, currently the most boring circuit on the schedule. I believe it will have the kind of progressive banking that Homestead does. If so, the title of most boring circuit in the series will pass to Fontana, California.

The best thing they can do with Fontana is fill it full of water and turn it into a lake.