1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Obama Anti-Christian?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Aug 23, 2012.

?
  1. Yes...

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. No...

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. Not enough evidence to say either way...

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. No opinion....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your quote - 'The only President of America to ever bow to another leader. '

Well, I guess you nailed me on that one. Guilty as charged!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No 'nailing' intended - it was just an incorrect statement being passed around as fact that needed clarification.

At least I didn't post the photo of President Bush bowing his head to some Arab leader to have some kind of medal placed around his neck. It is not the same sort of bow being talked about here.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The proof is in history. There are many videos on youtube as well. The latest use of this was 9/11

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mitt Romney is not the topic of this thread, it is whether Obama is anti- Christian. :)

Mormon's don't want to saw off the heads of non Mormons, nor would Romney dress is full Islam gear while reading the Quran in perfect dialogue.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gov Rommney is NOT a Christian, by being a strict Mormon, but he will have social views comparable to real Christianity!

president says that he is a Christian, but His christianity by deeds/actions and own words NOT that of biblical christianity!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what we have to realise is that what we call "fringe' islam actually IS the one closest to the views of the "prophet" in the Koran. as we love to quote his early sayings, but they say that the later verses penned by Mohammed superceded the earlier ones !

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I have no idea if he is hostile toward Christians, but he is certainly not one. His support of homosexuality proves that. NO truly born again Christian would support any sin--even though we all sin at times.

8. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

What do you mean by this? Are you saying that while we are accepting sinners in relationship to ourselves we should not support the sin which they habitually feed? I think you would agree. But what are we church people to make of ourselves? The glutton can continue to produce evidence of his sin and yet he is not confronted. There is no shortage of overweight preachers yet I venture to say that not a single parishoner will lovingly confront their pastor. No, we will support them with grace and mercy while at the same time acknowledging, if pressed, that gluttony is a sin and should be refrained from. Yet, don't you think it would be very odd to continuously affirm to your fat pastor that you accept him in relationship to you while you hold his appearance in judgement and contempt? Life is messy. There seems to be a duplicity in church people and I'm just not yet sure how to grapple with this issue. But one thing I've been contemplating lately: If we are going to err then should we not err on the side of grace? Is this not what church people like us do with our pastors and people we find easy to love?

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are saying that IF the president wants to claim to be one of us, produce fruit that supports that claim!

For his works and statements evidence other than that, NOT what the Spirit would have him doing for policy and agenda!