1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Obama Unbeatable in 2012???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Apr 1, 2011.

?
  1. Most defintely.... #:>)

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. No way...it's Obama all the way to 2016! #;<)

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. I'm no longer sure Obama will be a "one time wonder!" #:>(

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Other (please tell share your thoughts in the post)

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please take a moment to answer the poll and share your opinions, views, and comments.

At one time I thought Obama could be beaten in 2012. However, I'm no longer sure. I think the Republican party is not united, and until they come together any candidate from the right, or conservative party is merely "cannon fodder!"

Pastor Paul

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

The republican party is the reason Obama is there now! They are not the solution but the problem. As long as they want to run "establishment" liberal republicans like McCain and Bush they will loose.

If they want to beat Obama they can, but they would have to run an actual conservative, something the Republican party will never allow.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed!

He's beatable...by a Conservative.

Not the typical liberal lites that make up the wannabes in the Republican party at this time.

#3 carpro, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
  4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes he is beatable, but as already noted, ONLY by a TRUE conservative - no more D lites.

However, I checked other, because I sense that God is letting this country go the way it has, in it's amorality, decided is the PC thing to do. If so, then any discernment as to the shallowness and/or depravity of this guy will never be seen by the majority of the populace, so we will have him for MORE CHANGE - and may God have mercy on all those affected by that CHANGE.

I personally think that we as a nation of standards, ethics, morality, spirituality etc are history, and God is going to treat us just as we have demanded -- IE: "leave us alone", and give satan a freer hand in our everyday workings.

I pray the rapture is just around the corner!!

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Depends upon the economy.

6. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

At this point, I don't see a Republican that I could vote for, certainly not Gingrich, Romney, Huckabee and especially not Palin.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the problem. There isn't a Republican running that I could enthusiastically vote for. I would vote for Huckabee or Romney if either were the endorsed candidate, but I wouldn't like their chances.

Now if Paul Ryan or Gov. Christie were to run, I could get on that bandwagon. Either of those guys could beat Obama.

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, he ain't unbeatable. But the election will depend on 2 major things-- the trend of the economy and the generation of enthusiasm by the opposition party; this in spite of the fact that the president makes a real difference in foreign affairs and has little to do with the economy. It can't be depended on that Obama is one who will run out of energy and look like he really doesn't want a second term (as Carter or the older Bush), or that the novelty of his presidency will run out that quickly. So it's not in any Republican's favor to oust him in 2012 unless he really messes up, and for that reason anyone new and not unfavorable to the national electorate (unlike Palin, Gingrich, or Romney) may want to wait till 2016, when the chances are likely more favorable.

9. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

The key phrase is, in my humble opinion, "beaten by who?"

...Bob
    Kentucky