1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Odrama Schizophrenic ?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WASHINGTON -- Confronting misgivings, even in his own party, President Obama mounted a stout defense of his blueprint to overhaul the economy Thursday, declaring the national crisis is "not as bad as we think" and his plans will speed recovery.

Challenged to provide encouragement as the nation's "confidence builder in chief," Obama said Americans shouldn't be whipsawed by bursts of either bad or good news and he was "highly optimistic" about the long term.

The president's proposals for major health care, energy and education changes in the midst of economic hard times faced skepticism from both Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill, as senators questioned his budget outlook and the deficits it envisions in the middle of the next decade.

More Here

He goes from "this is the worse economy since the depression" to this. What a loon. No wonder Pelosi is running the country.

#1 Revmitchell, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  2. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Stop the madness...each day he destroys America more and more. Obama is severely lacking in leadership skills.

3. targus

targus New Member

It really isn't so difficult to understand.

He will do what he wants to do... and he will say what people will want to hear.

He says he will tolerate no earmarks and then passes a budget with 8,500 earmarks.

He says that he will not appoint lobbyists and then he hands out waivers to lobbyists that he wants to appoint.

He said that he would pull out of Iraq and now he is just following Bush's plan from months ago and is still saying that he is pulling out of Iraq.

The one I heard this morning - after spending a gazillion dollars on the "stimulus" bill - Obama says that it will require businesses to get the economy going.

He wanted to spend all that money on his wish list that he already knew wasn't going to improve the economy. No doubt he knew that it would only sink the economy even further and now he announces that business is going to have to do the job !!

He does what he wants and says what people want to hear.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I wouldn't say he's schitzophrenic. I would simply say we're seeing the fruits of inexperience, and the rhetoric naturally changes when you're on the inside than when you're on the outside.

Besides, what President doesn't try to talk up their accomplishments and proposals? They're going to spin whatever they can for whatever benefit they can, especially when this guy sees the popularity for his proposals go in the tank. Like more and more people say and I agree, this guy is George W. Bush the 2nd.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I disagree that O'bama is George W. Bush the 2nd. Recall that when Bush entered office the country was in a recession from the dot com bubble burst and he cut income taxes. Then we had 9/11. Contrast the leadership of President Bush after 9/11 with that of O'bama today. O'bama looks like a deer caught in the headlights!

Bush cut income taxes again in 2003 on everyone who paid taxes. O'bama is raising income taxes on everyone who pays taxes and giving a welfare check to those who don't.

Also recall that the Clinton staff trashed the White House before Bush came in and there was virtually no transition from Clinton to Bush. The Bush White House worked very hard in the transition to O'bama but how do you transition the presidency to a kindergartener?

Bush was a big government conservative and sadly did not control spending. Because of his mistakes we got O'bama and a democrat Congress. Woe is me!:tear: :tear: Woe is me!:tear: :tear:

6. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Schizophrenic? No
    Politician Yes.

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No, but Bush was paranoid.

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

With an aim like Dick Cheney who wouldn't be?:laugh: