1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Our Nation Already Lost?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Reformed, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not usually make a foray into the politics forum, so this is an unusual exception for me.

I have heard the talking heads and pundits say that the next general election is critical and will determine the fate of our nation. What is interesting is that they said the same thing during the previous general election cycle. I do not doubt that the office of President conveys tremendous power and influence to the office holder. If a genuine Reagan conservative becomes president, he will be able to stem the rate of decline, but he will not be able to halt it. I happen to believe that our nation has already radically changed. We have gone too far into the cesspool of sin and we cannot turn back. There came a time when Sodom and Gomorrah crossed that line and all that was left for them was judgment. Has the United States of America crossed the line? Is judgment a sure thing? Forgive me for playing the pessimist, but I believe so. Under the authority of the state we have murdered nearly 60,000,000 unborn babies and thumbed our nose at one of God's oldest covenants with mankind - marriage. Unless God send us a Jonah, and grants this nation wholesale repentance, I believe the clock is ticking.

If I am right, then what can God's remnant do? Better yet, what should God's remnant do? Should we not do what should have been doing all along; namely live in holiness and obedience? Should we not be loving one another by bearing one another's burdens, and thus fulfilling the law of Christ (Gal. 6:2)? I am not suggesting that Christians should forgo working within the political system altogether. The prophet Daniel, along with his three friends, worked within a pagan political system. Joseph did as well. Perhaps God will heed our prayers and grant this nation a temporary reprieve like He did during the days of Hezekiah.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the political forum! If you have survived the theological debates without hospitalization for numerous physical wounds, you will find the political forum a piece of cake.

America is in decay, primarily thanks to the lawyers and politicians.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is impossible that a nation of infidels or idolaters should be a nation of freemen. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience, is incompatible with freedom." Patrick Henry (supposedly)

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I believe you are 100% correct and our focus has to be what Dr. Johnny Hunt pushed during his presidency of the SBC and what it should have always been---A Great commission Resurgence.

Time is of the essence!!!

6. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I have no doubt that it already is. The question for me though is how will God's judgement play out. Will there be great natural disasters, financial ruin, plagues, etc. Will another great awakening and fruits of repentance come from these events?

Or will the Lord just leave us to ourselves and give us what we appear to want, self worship, riches, an appetite for lust, etc. A nation void of any morality and full of hypocrisy. A more subtle judgement. I seem to think that is what has happened and will continue to happen.

7. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

The Hebrew children in Babylon did not sound a trumpet or put on a show to declare their nonconformity. They simply remained standing when everybody else knelt before Nebuchadnezzar’s image. That made them conspicuous enough! All you have to do is be faithful to God, and when everybody else is on his knees before the gods that be, just do as you’ve been doing and you will stand out without even trying. Daniel didn’t make a speech or call a news conference or write a statement defying the decree of Darius. He simply went about his devotions “as aforetime.” - Vance Havner

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

WATCH: The End Of America: “We Are All Witnessing The Death Of A Country”

With Europe’s immigrant crisis coming to a head and similar events having played out in the United States last summer, it should be clear that what’s happening is an orchestrated detonation of First World nations.

A new must-see micro documentary from Future Money Trends highlights the insane policies behind the mass migrations and how, as millions of undocumented illegal aliens enter our country through the southern border, we are seeing the very death of a once great nation right before our eyes.

Watch The End Of America: http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/watch-the-end-of-america-we-are-all-witnessing-the-death-of-a-country_09082015