1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is our national mess God's sanction . . . I solicit your opinions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Nov 24, 2012.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

One of the OT prophets told the people they would be invaded and punished for never ever observing the 50th year jubilee. I read a suggestion that the US is being punished for never ever honoring ever one out of the several hundred US treaties with the Indian People.

What say any of you? I am prejudiced in this matter.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Does this mean you believe in the Curse of Tecumseh?

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

billwald, I don't know the answer to the OP question. I know that some here believe that the election and re-election of President Obama is God's punishment on our nation.

Maybe so, I won't make that argument. What I do believe is that sometimes the harshest punishment God could inflict someone is to leave him alone and let him continue to follow his sinful nature. and suffer the natural consequences.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

None of us know the inner mind of the Lord, nor what His plans are for dealing with the United States. However, I do know two things.

1. We are blessed materially beyond any nation ever to exist since the dawn of time.
    2. The United States is a much more immoral nation than the nations God dealt with in the OT.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This has nothing to do with the thread, but here is my 10,000th post, since you started this.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

>Does this mean you believe in the Curse of Tecumseh?

Not necessarially. There may be no cause and effect. Tecumseh and God could have had parallel ideas. I do believe that God has punished his people many times in the past. Some Jews say The Holocaust was a punishement of the Jews for their not loving God and neighbor. Not reason to think that the people who claim the US as a "Christian" nation are above similar punishment.

7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Congratulations. I think.