1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Pastor WRONG?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by desertjim, May 14, 2013.

1. desertjim

desertjim New Member

That's what I say. However, I was talking with a good friend of mine, a pastor, about this, and he said that he couldn't shun that pastor and gave me some good scriptures for it.....speaking of things a Godly man cannot do.
    We disagreed about it, but, I have a lot of respect for him. I'll pass it on, of course.
    I have no respect for a church (or person) who won't stand for what he thinks is Godly and represents the NT doctrine. Therefore a church without the Baptist label is not one for me. I also would NOT attend MOST Baptist churches today. I'm an Independent Fundamental Baptist, glad of it, and I can certainly tell you why. Most people don't know what they believe and most of those that do, can't tell you why :).
    Tell me about it! I'll stay out of church before I'll go to one where I have to compromise doctrine and music. I know too much about music than is good for me, although I can't sing until I get to heaven. Maybe then I'll have a voice. I'm a strong KJV supporter and have done a lot of study to solidify that stand. I must say, though, it is one of the hardest studies I have ever encountered. Since it is so hard, I study a lot written by folks I do know are Godly men, and even those with whom I disagree, and the fallacies show up rather quickly. Most folks don't know one version from another and most folks down't read any of'em. It's hard to attend a church that uses any other version, but sometimes that's an easy compromise. Some Godly men use many different ones. But, one is good enough for me. I was a member of a church that didn't use the KJV but used the ASB instead. I didn't want to, but I felt the offset justified it. However, it wasn't too long until I found that the pastor was a compromiser and, further, would not condemn false doctrine for fear of offending friends he had known a long time. Go figure! I guess it takes all kinds to make the world, eh? I left that church TWO times and am still gone. I gave the Pastor the benefit the first time and came back when he changed his compromise. Don't get me wrong~! I'm a pastor's man all the way. Have always been and will always be. However, when we disagree on something so important as condemning false doctrine, I just leave quietly.
    An ex-friend of mine, supposedly a brother, wouldn't join with the congregation because he didn't believe in the "organized church" and did (does again) home study with his family of about 12 in all. But when he was in the church we formed (the one I left twice) he was a SS teacher. I loved the man. Still do, actually, but after we got organized and it was clear that he had no intentions of EVER joining the church (yeah, a Cowboy Bible church) I left because I wouldn't sit under a non-member...a man that wouldn't stand with us. He had been a pastor, too. He was a friend of the pastor and the church was meeting in his property. So, the pastor was in a bind. I knew that, but compromise is compromise, friend or foe. I left on good terms with the pastor and with the SS teacher. However, the pastor started ANOTHER adult SS class and informed me of it. A couple weeks later we moved into a different property. I went back. Then the non-member SS teacher took his tribe and left. Which the pastor knew he would do because that was his pattern. Knowing this, it was even more apparent that the pastor should not have let him teach. Anyway, a few weeks later I found that the pastor would not condemn false doctrine and I did, so we parted friends again. So, I'm not gonna jump right back into a compromising situation. The Lord will lay it on a person when the person is able to handle it. I remember once that it took me 12-13 years to find how evil the hearts of some fellow men in leadership were. That's a long time to labor for the Lord alongside men who turn out to not really have a Godly heart. Even then, the Lord used their evil actions to accomplish a certain action. That was hindsight on my part and it wasn't foresight on the part of the other leaders, either. Men who you teach in SS and you would swear they were "right on", but they mistreated God's man in the church and I resigned then and there. No way am I above sin and never will be until I reach the other side. If it wasn't for the grace of God, I'd be in hell right now, no doubt, and if it depended on my works as some think, I could land in hell any day! I'm just sincere in my doctrine and so narrow that a gnat could light on my nose and we'd see eye to eye :). Actually, I have a captive audience. You don't have to read what I write, but I can write it without interruption, like it or not <smile>. Now back to that SS teacher who was not a member, he acted like nothing had happened between us; that I was just standing for my own belief, as was he, and we were just as good a friends as ever! I liked the man the first time I ever met him and it had nothing to do with church. Anyway, just a couple weeks ago, I found that he is holding a grudge against me. That isn't the way brothers should act. Since he won't answer my phone calls, I'm gonna have to go see him face to face and lay it on the line, just like the Bible says to do, even if we aren't in the same church.

Me and my bud have a lot in common lately. Maybe he and I are going to start a church together....only kidding, but God has something in the works for both of us. Time will tell. I asked God for patience just last night, and I told him I wanted it before I went to sleep. He didn't give it to me ;).

In His Grace,

Jim

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

So the pastor does not want godly people in his church but promotes keeping ungodliness under cover?

3. desertjim

desertjim New Member

I doubt that is the case, but he may have been bullied into thinking that the man is the ungodly one. He failed to "trust, but verify". Could have been out of incompetence, inexperience or he could have been following the wrong spirit.

Thanks for your input.