1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Pelagius Teaching On The Rise?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If grace comes through faith why do you question it? Jesus saves because of the man's faith.
    MB

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God saves a sinner on the basis of the death of Christ, that grace is applied towards us by/thru faith in Christ!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because as grace is concerned it must be a matter of grace from beginning to end, not just prevenient or partial grace to which the sinner adds his or her efforts. Otherwise, salvation would not be entirely of God.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what you call "silly", I call the teaching of jesus and His Apostles!

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would be vry strangethat a Sovereign God would grant to ALL the means to be savd, desired ALL to be saved, but that MANY will not be saved!

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Absolutely false and you cannot show a single verse of scripture to support this. I challenge you to show any verse that says God has imputed Adam's sin to any man. You cannot show it.

Baloney, Ezekiel 18:20 clearly says the son shall not bear the iniquity of his father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of his son. It is plain as day to the honest reader.

This is laughable, do you really think Paul under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit would make the mistake of saying he was once spiritually alive if all men are born dead in sins? You must think people are very stupid.

I will believe Paul and not your false teachers Augustine and Calvin.

Paul also said without law sin is not imputed. Paul said that he would have not known sin except by the law. When Paul learned the law he was convicted as a sinner and sin was imputed to him. At this time he spiritually died. Before he knew the law he was spiritually alive.

You can deny all you want, Paul said he was ALIVE without the law ONCE.

This is the first correct thing you have said. But scripture does not teach a man must be supernaturally regenerated to come, it teaches that a man must be taught of God and learn of him to come. And how does a man learn from God? Through the scriptures, the Word of God. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Jhn 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Again, did Jesus say everyone who has been supernaturally regenerated comes to him as you falsely teach? NO, Jesus said EVERY man that has heard and learned of the Father comes to him. It is those men who listen to the Word of God and learn from it that come to Jesus.

Nonsense, there is no scripture that supports this whatsoever. Show it.

God never has to wait on any man, he knows in his foreknowledge who will believe and who will not.

Total baloney. You never show scripture to support your views, because there is no scripture that supports your false teachings.

You simply repeat what you have been told.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were you in a 'right relationship" with God before you knew that you were a sinner or not/ Were you born with God, than seperated once realised had sinned against him or what?

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

I believe God has made all men upright (Ecc 7:29)

I do not believe God holds little children who do not understand right from wrong accountable until they mature and understand (Deu 1:39, Isa 7:16, Jon 4:11, Rom 7:9) I believe this would also apply to mentally challenged persons.

I believe at some point that only God knows, a person matures and understands right and wrong. At this point when they knowingly and willfully sin against God they are held accountable and spiritually die. I believe this is exactly what Paul is explaining in Romans 7:9.

I believe that ALL persons who mature and understand right from wrong will sin against God. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So back to my origional OP that appears to have gone offtrack

QUESTION: Is there in fact a broad spectrum of people embracing this as their operating doctrine today? Do you see it & who are they? Could you be one? Is this theology on the rise?

ANSWER: ??????

10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Pretty much sums up your answer as far as I'm concerned. ;) :cool:

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Splendid dodge...what could one expect from the likes of you.:laugh:

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is an interesting quote I found on Augustine and Pelagians.

Salvation is offered by God, but we must accept the offer.

It is like if you offer me a birthday present. I can accept it or reject it. The decision of accepting or rejecting is mine.

#52 Crabtownboy, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was already done...long before

#53 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question:If grace comes through faith why do you question it? Jesus saves because of the man's faith.
    MB

Answer: No one, except those in whom the Holy Spirit has already performed the entirely irresistible work of the new birth, so that, as a result of this miracle, the spiritually blind eyes of the natural man are opened to see God's truth, and the depraved mind of the sinner, which in itself has no spiritual understanding, is renewed to embrace the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.

This is when we understand that we are in the hands of a just and Holy God, and that we are without any hope of salvation apart from his utterly sovereign intervention, then we call for mercy, which is the only right response.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

No man can come to Jesus unless he has heard and learned from the Father.

Jhn 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

All men are dependent upon God's grace to be saved, a man must hear and learn from the Father to come to Jesus. How does a man do this? But hearing the word of God, faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the word of God. No supernatural regeneration is ever mentioned by Paul or anyone else in scripture to come to Christ, just that a man HEAR and LEARN of the Father.

This grace is not irresistible, the scriptures clearly show that men have the ability to resist the Spirit.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
    52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
    53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Stephen said the Jews did always resist the Holy Ghost as their fathers did. And Stephen shows how men resisted the Holy Ghost, by resisting those prophets and teachers God sent to preach to them. This is how God's grace is revealed to us, by those sent to preach the word of God.

You can parrot Reformed doctrine all day long, doesn't make it correct. The scriptures no where teach a man must be regenerated to have the ability to believe. You cannot show it. The scriptures do not say God's grace is irresistible, no matter how many times you say it.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know..... trying to educate you is similar to teaching a 3rd grader high school algebra. Unfortunately nothing sinks in & its an impossibility....I accept that.

I must thank you however, you have forced me to study my beliefs much more deeply with the end result that I am getting much more from these studies that I dreamed ever possible. Do me a tremendous favor & dont go anywhere because when I read your commentary, It makes me better. Thanks Man! :thumbs:

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am glad I could help you! :thumbs:

Now if you could only show scripture that supports your doctrine, that would be fantastic. See, guys like you and Yeshua1 constantly say things like "God's grace is irresistible" , but you NEVER (and I mean NEVER) show one word of scripture that supports this. It seems to me this would have been obvious even to you, but apparently not. You guys parrot all sorts of Reformed doctrine that does not have a word of support in scriptures.

I am glad you are going to study the scriptures, because when you are finished you will abandon this false doctrine you now mindlessly believe.

You can say whatever you want about me, you can call me a rebel or a heretic, but I ALWAYS show scripture that supports my view. You can open up your Bible and read it for yourself. I am not parroting some false teacher somewhere, and I am not making stuff up. You can see it with your own eyes.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep playing chess....:smilewinkgrin: Think they call it Gamesmanship:D

19. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Do you think you would fit with the Primitive Baptists? Your views sound like maybe you would.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im there now....but alas, there not here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.