1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Re-Baptism Scriptural?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

during my waning days as a Baptist, I was like Zenas...I had and still do have a very good friend who was raised a Methodist and baptized by the method of "sprinkling"...he is Christian, no doubt about it...

...but visiting my IFB Church, where we view Baptism as nothing more than an 'ordinance' and holds, zero, zip, nada, absolutely no bearing whatsoever on us as Christians is denied Communion...

...when get this...even Communion holds, zero, zip, nada, absolutely no bearing whatsoever on us as Christians...

it's the most absurd teaching i have ever heard...

In XC
    -

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If it had no meaning to you then you weren't taught very well in the Baptist Church you went to. This has been very obvious through the posts that you have made with references to the Baptist Churches.

3. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I don't know what you mean by many times. All you have said is that you think John 4:2 is an explanation of John 3:22. I disagree and you have not put up anything to show that I am wrong. I will say that Jesus did not appear to have done much baptizing but He clearly was doing so in John 3:22.
    I didn't insult you and I see no need for you to hurl insults at me. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm ignorant of the Christian world, whatever you mean by that. I have been a deacon since 1987, a Sunday School teacher since about 1984, and have chaired most committees in my church. I also have two degrees from Western Kentucky University and one degree from the University of Kentucky. They are not in theology but they are real degrees from real accredited schools. Is yours?
    Have you ever read the Didache? It was written in Greek during the First Century and it prescribes different methods of baptism, depending on availability of water. One of the methods of baptism it describes is pouring, and it calls it baptism. So much for the limitation on the word baptizo.

So far as not explaining the difference between sprinkling and using grape juice, this question was posed at a deacons meeting my friend was invited to attend to discuss this issue of his baptism. Their failure to answer was not because he wasn't a member, it was because they could not provide an intellectually honest response.
    Would you like to discuss it on a new thread?

#83 Zenas, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010