1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is repentance a neccesary part of the gospel...no doubt about it!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    pinoybaptist

Before you go off foaming at the mouth like you are doing here, maybe you could respond to what you were asked in the other thread before you fled the scene.....

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    here is part two of your failed response;
    pinoybaptist

There are distinct terms here that you should not conflate. The confession states. God has ordained whatsoever comes to pass. This takes in God allowing the evil acts of angels and men and using them for His purposes.

the fact is...if it happens it was ordained of God to happen.

No biblical Baptist believes this.

There is NO...."in order for him to be"...He is only good all the time.
    PYB, with all due respect....I try to avoid this kind of carnal reasoning about God.

He is not like man, or in this case this nurse with selfish motives who does evil. This is a fatally flawed view.

PYB...you are not understanding correctly what we know of as the providence of God. That is the working out of what God decreed in time. God's eternal purpose unfolded in time.

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

The scripture teaches this.I just believe it. He is upholding all things....every single particle...by His word.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    pinoybaptist

It is not hard to expose your false ideas as the hypercalvinism they represent.
    Rather than answer in a meaningful way you rely on foolish personal attacks which exposes your defective ideas lack substance.
    This will be shown the more you try and defend such falsehoods and attacks upon the faith which the historic church has believed.

if this makes you happy:rolleyes:

Christs perfect work does not negate the responsibility of all men everywhere to repent and believe the gospel. You and others are denying that the sinner does repent...that the sinner does actually believe.
    God ordained the work of Christ. God ordained how the work would be effectually applied to the Covenant people of God. The God ordained means resulting in the conversion of the elect are ordained and come to pass as sure as the Perfect life and sacrifice of the Son came to pass.

When you deny these means you are denying that men are fully responsible ....Jn 3:16 promises ..EVERYONE...believing......they actually repent, they actually believe.
    How that takes place is God's area, not yours to determine.

No one suggests otherwise. Can you show otherwise.

Because I do not agree totally with RM, or WD...does not mean that we do not have certain beliefs in common. What you see is an open debate between those two man and myself. That is how we grow, having our ideas tested.

Because we agree on many verses...does not mean that we can not disagree here.Biblical Calvinists spend half their time explaining why we are not hyper-Calvinists. Those statements you and your unchurched sidekick make cause the way of the truth to be evil spoken of.
    The gospel is to be faithfully proclaimed to all men everywhere. That was what we are commanded to do. You see no need for it evidently.

It is because of this that I would align myself with either RM, or WD, as they have a concern for souls. What you men are saying causes reproach to those who would be faithful.

Where do you see me idolizing Calvin...bearing false witness is still a sin...
    show where I idolize Calvin...in fact...put up, or shut up.
    You offer no substance yet, only error that is why you are opposed here.

If you now claim such....correct your errant posts,which I had to repost so you do not hide from them again.

You are now contradicting your posts, speaking out of both sides of you mouth.In this thread you posted this to Tom B-

Presbyterian. not too surprised.

how about this: unmerited favors, with repentance......isn't
    They were not saved when He challenged them .....they were unsaved in need of repentance....

Yes ...really....answer what I reposted...you left the thread ..answer now.

I answered...you did not except to call me names. I can handle anything you offer for sure....Rippon and others shred your ideas also....no one is trying to prove anything...we are being faithful to the gospel.I will oppose you and your false ideas as long as you offer them.

Coming from a hyper-cal it must seem that way to you.....guess that is all you have to say.

#43 Iconoclast, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Oddly enough, I wrote about this in my blog a while back. Here it is....

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yeah. one plus one equals two, unless you're a fan of common core.

if you're talking about the unsaved gospelly, as in the above audience of Paul, yes, we agree. If you're talking about the unsaved who are not of the elect, we do not agree.
    First because they are unregenerate, and God will not order and hold accountable anyone to move whom He himself knows cannot move. Can the leopard change his spots ? remember that Scripture ?
    The call to repentance is to the elect of God and only they. and whether or not a preacher, or a tract, gets to them, God is able to draw them to Christ. Christ Himself said that no less: And I, if I am lifted up, will draw all men to me. He will draw all men to Him, he didn't say men will draw all men to me.
    Second, because their (the unelect's) judgment is over, done, kaput, fini.
    Hello ?
    The cross is past, the blood is shed, the tomb is empty, Christ is seated at the Father's right hand, interceding for His people, and coming backsoon.
    That is the gospel.
    A statement of finished and accomplished facts that those whose ears have been opened, and whose hearts have been opened, by God previously are to rejoice in, because independent of their belief and obedience these things are true to and for them.

Friend ? Am I your friend ? It seems to me you do not consider anyone who does not conform to your beloved Calvin as friend. Do you even know what that means ?
    Here is what it means.
    When somebody is my friend, I will reprimand him IN PRIVATE, but stand by his side, in public, RIGHT OR WRONG.
    When somebody is my friend, his friends are wrong, not him.
    Yet, here you are, beginning this whole thing about PB's not believing the gospel necessary for salvation (without regard to you knowing how we look at salvation), because you read of a couple of Primitive Baptist preachers ranting about your boy Calvin.
    No, a dead man is your friend.

here we go again. Define control. If you mean God controls the mosquito that bit you, its proliferation, its breeding, I can agree with you.
    But if you mean God directed its flight to bite you, give you dengue, make you suffer, in order to make you turn to Him, I do not agree with you.
    God can control the effects of fallenness and sin, but He does not cause evil that good may come.
    You misinterpret the verse: All things work together for them who love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
    Paul is not talking about events IN THIS TIME WORLD, especially misery, sin, disaster.
    He is talking about foreknowledge, predestination, calling, justification, and glorification. THINGS DONE IN CHRIST BEFORE THE PREACHED GOSPEL.

6. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yeah. one plus one equals two, unless you're a fan of common core.

if you're talking about the unsaved gospelly, as in the above audience of Paul, yes, we agree. If you're talking about the unsaved who are not of the elect, we do not agree.
    First because they are unregenerate, and God will not order and hold accountable anyone to move whom He himself knows cannot move. Can the leopard change his spots ? remember that Scripture ?
    The call to repentance is to the elect of God and only they. and whether or not a preacher, or a tract, gets to them, God is able to draw them to Christ. Christ Himself said that no less: And I, if I am lifted up, will draw all men to me. He will draw all men to Him, he didn't say men will draw all men to me.
    Second, because their (the unelect's) judgment is over, done, kaput, fini.
    Hello ?
    The cross is past, the blood is shed, the tomb is empty, Christ is seated at the Father's right hand, interceding for His people, and coming backsoon.
    That is the gospel.
    A statement of finished and accomplished facts that those whose ears have been opened, and whose hearts have been opened, by God previously are to rejoice in, because independent of their belief and obedience these things are true to and for them.

Friend ? Am I your friend ? It seems to me you do not consider anyone who does not conform to your beloved Calvin as friend. Do you even know what that means ?
    Here is what it means.
    When somebody is my friend, I will reprimand him IN PRIVATE, but stand by his side, in public, RIGHT OR WRONG.
    When somebody is my friend, his friends are wrong, not him.
    Yet, here you are, beginning this whole thing about PB's not believing the gospel necessary for salvation (without regard to you knowing how we look at salvation), because you read of a couple of Primitive Baptist preachers ranting about your boy Calvin.
    No, a dead man is your friend.

7. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    here we go again. Define control. If you mean God controls the mosquito that bit you, its proliferation, its breeding, I can agree with you.
    But if you mean God directed its flight to bite you, give you dengue, make you suffer, in order to make you turn to Him, I do not agree with you.
    God can control the effects of fallenness and sin, but He does not cause evil that good may come.
    You misinterpret the verse: All things work together for them who love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
    Paul is not talking about events IN THIS TIME WORLD, especially misery, sin, disaster.
    He is talking about foreknowledge, predestination, calling, justification, and glorification. THINGS DONE IN CHRIST BEFORE THE PREACHED GOSPEL.

Oh, is that right ? Now you're going to accuse me of being "crazy" ? Just foam in the mouth with no reason ? You are a classic provocateur, mister.

8. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    all of a sudden posts have a limit of 10K words.
    maybe I missed that, but, my post to you, Icon, was 14300 words, and I cut and paste and it confused me which is which on the cut and paste.
    at any rate, what are posted will suffice for now.
    make do with it.
    I'm going to live my life and earn my keep.
    I would like to say I'm going to let the dead bury their dead, as a friend of mine advised, but, I'm hoping you're still breathing, if barely, so will catch up with you later.

9. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

10. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not for you to make such a foolish statement when jesus has ordained the gospel to be preached everywhere,
    that is hyper Calvinism pure and simple and I fully oppose it.

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?
    [/QUOTE]

it is not for you or PB's to make that call. It is false carnal reasoning.
    the principle of Ezekiels watchman was used by Paul in acts 18......your blood be upon your head...

your idea contradicts the clear teaching of Paul to the Jews in acts 13;

46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
    [/quote]

And who is it that denies the gospel is to be preached everywhere ? we don't.
    what we deny is the REASON that you guys are giving.
    that the reason for the preaching of the gospel is IN ORDER THAT THE ELECT BE SAVED, OR REGENERATED.
    We maintain that the gospel is for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).
    Christ's words to His disciples were to TEACH.
    THOSE who believe shall be saved.
    Was He drunk ?
    Didn't He just rise from the grave ?
    Obviously, He wasn't talking about the kind of saving He just did.
    Give the Lord more credit than what you think you're giving Him, man.

for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    No one suggests that ...the world is condemned already....because they believe not...we are to faithfully proclaim the truth to all sinners everywhere.

It is not for you to ignore, or figure out who is saved or lost. We preach to all sinners in everyplace.

Well, look who's talking.:laugh:
    And you on the other hand, have the divine privilege of figuring out who are the saved (those who believe the gospel), and those who are not (those who ignore your preaching, and those who have the unfortunate truth of being born centuries ago in far, unknown lands, and those who unfortunately existed before the gospel, even in Bible lands) ?
    Well, with what I have posted in reply to you about our position re the gospel and its role in God's economy for His elect, if you insist from now on in other posts that PB's are anti-gospel, you are either malicious, or too dense.

All God's elect are His children in Christ. Not all are disciples, not all will be discipled. Have you discipled everyone of them ? My, my.

suit yourself.

Leave Rippon out of this. He and I have so far, this far, been on this board, respectful of each other, despite our differences.
    You and I are the ones that have issues.

The 5 points are fine, it has nothing to do with our issues. The bottom line is this: you started the attack. and the reason you started the attack is not so much because we refute your gospel regeneration doctrine, and I don't know what else to call it, BUT because you read two elders of the PB order saying what you consider falsehood about Calvin.
    That's the fruit under the skin when you peel it.

never said you did. I did say you were maligning it by adding repentance a necessary component to the blood shed freely for all the elect.

Do.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah Kemosabi, Bushwhackers use such tactics. Get used to it. :smilewinkgrin:

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is where you are defending your belief that the unregenerate who are not elect are not accountable to God. You think that God will absolve them of their responsibility? Are they sinners who will be judged for their sins?

The indiscriminate general call is to everyone --with no distinction. A preacher or lay person doesn't pick and choose who he must preach to --he preaches to all within hearing. No one has the discernment to differentiate who the elect and non-elect are. And the Lord has His reasons why certain non-elect ones hear the Gospel of Christ. It is His right do so as the Sovereign Lord.

13. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Heb 5:9 I believe this is the gospel salvation.

Is the, "gospel," how it was authored? When and in what manned was He made perfect/complete?

Is our obedience, our repentance?

14. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the gospel preached to bring to salvation, now or is the gospel preached as a witness?

A witness of what? That the end of the world is coming and you will be judged or that the kingdom of God is coming?

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

This age of government by men will come to end and men will be governed by God in the age to come.

Repent and believe the gospel.

15. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The unregenerate who are not elect are already judged. Why can't you guys understand what I am saying. :BangHead:
    The cross is past, done, over, kaput, fini, tapos na po.
    The prince of this world has been judged ALREADY, Christ's words.
    The blood of the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world and then shed here in time at the cross, is SHED ALREADY.
    Who is absolving who of any responsibility ?
    I am not.
    You guys like to throw that accusation at us because YOU HAVE NO IDEA AT ALL WHAT WE ARE ABOUT.
    Sure, yes, aye, agreed, okay, correct. the unregenerate non-elect will be brought to account for their sins, at the Great White Throne.
    And if they die before the Great White Throne, then they open their eyes in hell.
    Redemption is over.
    That is why I asked in another thread: of what use is preaching the gospel to the unsaved ? What good will it do them ?
    Assuming by unsaved, you all mean, those whose sins were not covered by the blood, those who have NO SAVIOR to intercede for them.
    First, they are unregenerate, and are not in the mind of God.
    You all can shout the gospel into their ears with the loudest mike you can find, it means absolutely nothing to them.
    Second, God will NOT regenerate them, because they are not His own.
    Third, at best, all you will get from them is REFORMATION and a patronizing assent.
    So, the question was asked: what good will it do to preach the gospel to the unsaved ? They are damned, forever, here in time, and then in eternity to come.

I have no problem with what you are saying, Rippon.
    My problem is when I hear that the preaching of the gospel is the means by which eternal salvation comes.
    And if I understood correctly, that is what your friend, ICON, is saying, which is why he asks in his OP, "is repentance a necessary part of the gospel".
    And I would have had no problem with that, and all these back and forth between you and us who practically share the same view on election, would not have happened, if he made no ALLUSIONS to the integrity of PB doctrine, and all because his feelings were hurt about what a couple of ministers said about Calvin.

The blood is the means, if you will insist on means, not the gospel.

Agreed. Wherever did I, EWF, Kyredneck, or any PB posting on here say that we have the power to discern who the elect or the non-elect are.
    But, when anybody insists that without the gospel all others are damned, doesn't whoever says it bestow on himself the authority to announce who are saved and who are not ?
    And if such a one says he believes in the sovereign electing grace of God, didn't he just say between the lines that he knows who the elect are and who the non-elect are simply by the way they treat the gospel ?
    I am not belittling the gospel.
    And hats off to those who on the power of their convictions, went to foreign lands to get people "saved", even if Christ has already done what they intend to do.
    That is what they believe, and that doesn't change the facts: the cross is past, won't happen again. The judgment of the prince of this world, and of the unelect, is done.
    The blood is shed, won't happen again. All for whom it was shed have the eternal status of redeemed. Unregenerate as they go through this time world ? Yes.
    But, redeemed.
    And will be regenerated in God's own time, in His own way.
    And Christ is the Redeemer, not the gospel, and the Redeemer has done His job well, nothing lacking, and no one falling between the cracks.

16. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My ideas ?
    Tell me, is my idea that the cross is past and will not be repeated anymore ?
    Is it my idea that the blood of Christ has been shed in eternity past before the foundation of the world and then shed here in time and will never happen again ?
    My idea that the tomb is already empty as a testament to the fact that the Savior rose from the dead so those who are His would, too ?
    My idea that Jesus Christ is seated in heaven, interceding (no longer redeeming) for those He died for, His elect people ?
    My idea that not everytime the Bible talks of "save", "saving", "salvation" it does not always refer to the eternal ?

Come on, icon.
    point to one statement I made from the beginning I will not be able to clearly show by Scripture to be true.

The difference between you and myself is that you are adept at using sophisticated language in calling somebody a SOB and painting him a heretic.
    I prefer to say so directly.
    If you can't take it, then avoid starting a fight.

The same historic church from which somebody tried to make of a theocracy and failed.

Wrong again.
    Just shows you are arguing more from emotion and rote than an understanding of what Scripture both says and implies.
    The call to repent is unto ALL MEN EVERYWHERE (Jew, Greek, Roman, poor, rich, and in-between) who belong to Christ, whose hearts have been prepared by the Lord, and by providence, have had the gospel preached to them.
    And they belong to Christ, because He has already purchased them with His blood.
    These are responsible to Him because NOW they have been told, NOW they confess Christ as their own, NOW they are to turn from their sins, if perhaps they are His, as they claim.
    God does not lay responsibility on anyone who has NO KNOWLEDGE.

As for the unregenerate non-elect, they are ALREADY TOAST. With no hope, no Savior, no blood to plead upon.
    They are not called to repentance, simply because they will not repent.
    So, before you go on half-cocked charging Primitive Baptists of heresy, and as Mitchell said, ungodliness, understand how we view and believe what Scripture says.

Tell me something I don't already know.

I have not denied that the gospel is the means by which God brings about the conversion of the elect.
    What I denied is that without the preaching of the gospel, the redemptive work of Christ of Christ for His elect, was futile.
    This is no different from the semi-Pelagian's and Arminian's view that without repentance and faith, no one can be eternally saved.
    But it doesn't surprise me anymore, seeing as how the Arminians here have their hands clapping for you.

17. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And because we PB's do not agree that "conversion" is the same as "redemption", and we believe that salvation is both eternal and timely, with some differences as to scope and application, there is nothing that you and I believe in common ?
    Have we denied the deity and humanity of Christ ? Have we denied the efficacy of His blood ? Have we denied the Virgin Birth ? Have we denied Him as Creator ? Have we anywhere denied Him as the Judge of all the earth ? Have we denied His historical existence ? His resurrection, have we "modified" it ?
    Does that give you, and Mitchell, the call to paint us as ungodly, heretics, false preachers ?

Good for you. carry on.

And I have spent many a time explaining why we cannot be called hyper-
    Calvinists, but you "Biblical" Calvinists keep insisting we are.
    You accuse us of denying the importance of gospel preaching, where we have time and again tried to show that we honor the gospel as much as anybody else, except that we do not put it on the throne.
    Christ is on the throne, not the gospel.
    The glory is Christ's alone, not the gospel.
    Christ redeemed, not the gospel.
    We preach the gospel to teach the regenerate, not to regenerate anyone.
    Every Sunday just like you and your Arminian friends and admirers, we go to church, even traveling miles, to honor our God, King, and Redeemer.
    Why do you treat us as if we are honoring Satan ?

No, rather those statements point to CHRIST AND CHRIST ALONE.
    His work complete for all for whom it was done, with or without the gospel, the preacher, or even the Bible.
    The blood covered everyone in all ages everywhere for whom it was shed, even the elect yet to be born in this time world.
    What we have been saying exalts Christ and displays God in all His mercy and grace to humans.
    You, on the other hand, would paint Christ's work as unfinished UNLESS the gospel is preached, believed, and obeyed.
    You would have the major chunk of humanity damned, where God says I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, and all because they happened to live in a time, place or age, before the preached gospel.

We see no need for the gospel to be preached only because the stated purpose of those, like you, who insist you are on mission, is to SAVE SOULS, and by that you mean, to save them from hell.
    THE CROSS IS PAST.
    Christ already accompished what you and your missions state to be your purpose in preaching the gospel.
    That is, at best, a duplication of what Christ has already done.
    At worst, a denial that His blood shed already, suffices for the salvation of sinners.

You think yourselves more concerned for souls than He who took it upon Himself to redeem those souls ?
    The term "more papist than the pope" comes to mind.
    You call Christ Savior ?
    Of what ? Of whom ?

I have no concern for souls, right, and that is true, and I put it in print.
    Why ?
    Because AFTER THE CROSS AND THE EMPTY TOMB, whoever is bound for heaven is unstoppable, and whoever is bound for hell is unredeemable.
    It is entirely out of my hands, and for that matter, if this is the first time you'll know: yours, too.
    My concern is for those whom God will providentially bring under the preaching of the gospel to be TAUGHT and pulled out of the fires of false teaching.
    What do you call it ? oh, yeah, discipling.
    So, I'm not going to fret and wring my hands and worry about souls anymore.
    Christ already did the saving.
    My concern is for those whom God quickens and brings to one of His sheep pen, here in time, is told of THE SHEPHERD OF THEIR SOULS, the very One and the Only One responsible for them having a hope in heaven, a hope which has a Name: JESUS.
    My concern is for these sheep entrusted to my care to be taught how to live the gospel life.

On the contrary, your doctrine that without the preaching of the gospel Christ's work is futile, or, okay, I'll grant you space, limited, reproaches the Name of the One who said He is God.

Why did you start up on PB Doctrine ?
    Is it not in response and retaliation to what two PB's wrote about Calvin ?
    In the Philippines is a cult, founded by a man.
    One can say anything they want to say about Christ, but never about the founder.

On the contrary, everything I have said is SUBSTANTIAL.

Show why I am errant, because I do not see error in my point of view of Christ's finished work, and the role of the gospel in His economy.

18. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

In all truthfulness, I no longer remember the "slogan" verbatim, so I will pass on this.
    "not too surprised" comes from the fact that unless a particular denomination of this denomination is pointed to, or at, to my mind, this denomination compromised on "gays" along with Episcopalians, etc.

Isn't that what you and yours define grace ?
    Unmerited favor ?
    Well, what does "unmerited" mean ?
    Or "undeserved" ?
    If grace is extended BECAUSE one repents, then grace is deserved.
    Right, or wrong ?

well, again, define "saved".
    and, what do they need to repent from, why, and for what ?

too long a thread, too many.
    please repost the question as a thread,.

Like I said, I prefer direct action, rather than the suave, polished way of calling somebody a name but with the escape hatch of "I didn't say that about you...."

Nope. You can't. Your pride is stronger than God's obvious and stated truth.
    Your pride cannot let you swallow the thought that what you learned all these years could possibly be erroneous.

Rippon shredded nothing.

Fine. I'm ready to dance anytime you are. Just start it.

In the meantime, back to earning my keep.

19. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'Cumberland Presbyterian' is the denomination; they're the good ones.

20. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 3:19**Repent*ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
    Act 17:30-31**And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to*repent:Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by*that*man whom he hath ordained;*whereof*he hath given assurance unto all*men,*in that he hath raised him from the dead.

The Bible says we must repent. The word repent means a change of mind, heart, or emotion about something, repentance is not ceasing from sin, penance or paying for sin, reformation, or turning over a new leaf. Repentance is simply a change of our heart and attitude towards something.

There are 3 things every person must repent or change their mind, heart, and attitude towards in order to be saved.
    The first is Sin

Ezekiel 18:30-31**Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn*yourselves*from all your transgressions(Sins); so iniquity(Sin) shall not be your ruin.Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Mark 8:36-37**For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

No sin is worth dying and going to hell over.*Jesus said it would be better to cut off your hand than to go into hell with both hands! We must be willing to repent of sin in order to be saved, you must be willing to change your attitude towards sin as something that you desire to be saved from

The 2nd*thing you must repent of is Self

Luke 18:10-14**Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men*are,*extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as*his*eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.I tell you, this man went down to his house justified*rather*than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Romans 10:3*For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The Pharisee was self-righteous and had a higher view of himself, the publican admitted his sinfulness before God, which is why he received forgiveness. Many people today are ignorant of the perfect righteousness of Christ and go about to establish their own works based righteousness through religion, or “try to be good and not hurt others” but we are all wicked sinners condemned to die. You must repent of self-righteousness in order to be saved.

The 3rd*thing you must repent of is the Savior.

Jesus Christ is the savior, he is also God. If you believe in a false Jesus and not the one of the Bible you cannot be saved:Religions such as the Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses teach a false Jesus that is not the Jesus of the Bible. Jesus is perfect and sinless because he is GOD!

Consider these verses:
    John 8:23-24**And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
    I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am*he,*ye shall die in your sins.

The name “I am” is a name for God in the Exodus chapter 20.

John 10:30-33**I and*my*Father are one.Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    So three things we must repent of are Sin, Self, and the Savior.