1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Linda64, Feb 20, 2007.

1. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

OH believe me..... all the fruits of the Spirit became very evident. Especially peace. Peace that surpasses any peace ever felt. I do think you know what I was saying. It is that we worship a LIVING Christ! I'm sure you know what I mean. And no.... not everyone has the same salvation experience... I was simply stating that I can not see how repentence can not be a part of it.

2. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

From A.W.Tozer: The Root of Righteousness, pg. 45, chapter 11, No Regeneration Without Reformation
    To me, that means that there is NO salvation without repentance. A.W.Tozer is saying that regeneration IS salvation and repentance must precede regeneration and repentance produces fruit and a desire to serve God.

3. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Biblical repentance for salvation is neither. Biblical repentance is repentance towards God and it is not 50% or75% or99%. it is 100% of which if not done there is no salvation.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

God is not accepting a divided heart.