1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Rick Warren ashamed of Jesus?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bronconagurski, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Here is what Warren stated in one interview on Christian News website, "We can never deny or water down what God’s Word clearly says and teaches about sexuality." Here is what he says in another, "homosexual behavior “might be” a sin, and that he believes homosexuals will go to Heaven if they “accept Christ.”

Do these statements from Warren contradict each other?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where in your link did he say it "might be a sin"? I did not see it, and yes, I would have a problem with anyone saying that as the Bible clearly removes any "might" from the equation.,,,,,,,,,,

4. SolaSaint

It is on the last paragraph on the post I linked.

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Sola...

Well, I hope the comments arent TOO bad. That wasnt my intention. I didnt digest all of it befor before posting.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More RW Stuff!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic...hristian_Bible

http://www.ldolphin.org/islam.shtml

Finally, this is a must read: http://www.faithfacts.org/world-reli...nity-vs.-islam

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That was merely third party...but I did follow the inbedded link to his quote. Didn't see it in context, but I do believe he did error in what he said. Now, i also believe he used an extremely poor choice of words, but there is no question from the rest of what he says about the subject he believes its a sin.

8. SolaSaint

I try not to post anything by the anti-Warrenites who use words like cult in describing Saddleback, or heretical when describing Warren (this link didn't ). Some ministries do go over the top in their criticism of Warren and I don't agree with trying to make Warren out to be a heretic. I will warn what I see from him that I feel may lead people into a false conversion or that waters down the gospel of Christ.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Go Both Ways :)

In a sense, I am "liberal" (broadminded, progressive, generous) when it comes to being open to new ways to reach the lost (at any cost) for Jesus.

However, I am conservative when it comes to the Word of God. And I am not going to bend or become wishy-washy when it comes to how the Bible applies to our life and walk with Jesus!

So, I guess a believer can be both when it comes to the Kingdom. I just not liberal when it comes to politics and how this nation is run [but that is not the theme of this OP, so leave it there]. :smilewinkgrin:

10. SolaSaint

I don't know dog, why would he say that then? If he thinks homosexuality maybe sin, then he thinks it may not be sin. I think scripture is very clear on this, don't you?

You've heard me rant about the church I left because it became a little Saddleback. When we were still there a few openly homosexual couples started to attend worship services (small town, everyone knew it.) The Deacons approached the pastor about either talking to them about their sin, or to at least preach from the pulpit that homosexuality was a sinful and destructive lifestyle. He refused and later said from the pulpit that his church doesn't preach against anything because that is what traditional old fundy churches did.

11. SolaSaint

I should have been more clear, I meant Theologically liberal.

12. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not going to argue with you, or anyone else about this. The statement you made in the second post implies that the "liberals" are going to challenge the statements in the OP. You are implying, well saying it outright imho, that anyone who disagrees with the OP is a liberal.

Well I'm not a liberal and almost all those who post around here aren't either.

That said, Sola it appears you have a serious personal issue with Pastor Warren. You disagree with him, which is fine, at such a level that it comes off as anger bordering on hatred, which isn't fine. If you have such a problem with Pastor Warren you should go and personally confront him. This is your Christian obligation. You should not post incessantly about this here, you should confront him.

So go, go to his church and talk with him. Air your grievances. Otherwise your Christian obligation is to not gossip and spread vitriol about him.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Honestly I think he was being facetious towards the one asking the question.

14. SolaSaint

PiJ,

I'm not a hater as suggested in here. I do not like what Warren stands for in his twisting of scripture and spreading it worldwide. Yes it is my opinion that those who disagree with this post are Theological liberals, MY OPINION, you don't have to agree or like this. For your information I have sent Rick Warren e-mails and comments on Pastors.com and never recieved any replies. I also sent e-mails to Hank Hanagraff about Warren and PDL but got no response, I have heard Hank used to attend Saddleback, not sure if it is true. I did get a response back from Adrain Rogers when he was still living, and while he didn't get specific about PDL, he really didn't endorse what RW was peddling. He said we need to be discerning about certian ministries. So that is what I feel I'm doing, being discerning about what I feel is a ministry that spins a man centered christianity by twisting scripture to attract lost people and then not confronting them about their sinful condition , which to me is dangerous.

15. SolaSaint

I hope so, for I really don't think Warren thinks homosexual behavior is OK. I hope as a Pastor he would (in love) approach homosexuals with how serious a sin this is towards God. I know the seeker Pastor I talked about before would shy away from this.

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reminder - we do NOT allow discussions on sexual issues (gay or normal). You can spread your hate or defense of a man/ministry but be careful not to cross the line into sexual discussions.

And I have some strong opinions on Rick and his conduct. Don't see the value of spewing on the BB.

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could we all agree witht the truth of it appears that pastor rick is changing to becoming more of a Christian liberal in social aspects as regarding the Gospel, akin to say a Tony campollo?

18. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is such an interesting sentence. Though I'm sure you don't intend it to be taken like this, it does sound like "Listen, you can hate this guy all you want, just don't talk about sex."

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

)

Lord have mercy!!! That almost just made me cry.:tear: And reading the rest of the story tells me that he espoused the same sort of subversive wickedness on this talk show that he did in PDL.

20. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and I thought the choice of "spewing" as the verb to describe how he would transmit his opinion of Warren was telling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.