1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the 9/11 attack found in the Bible?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I've never supported abortion on this board. In fact, I don't think anyone has supported it except perhaps to save the life of the mother. You're tilting at windmills. You're NOT responding to what I've said. Find another whippiong boy.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

This is the typical liberal mantra. All Conservatives are stupid and would steal the bread out of their mothers mouth. Only liberals are smart enough to run the country! Only liberals are good and kind and charitable [with other peoples money]. Only liberals are smart enough to con people into believing that abortion is not murder!

3. OldRegular

You have supported abortion. When you support a political party dedicated to the murder of the unborn, that is supporting abortion. When you support a person for president who declares that his first act as president will be to sign the Freedom of Choice act, that is supporting abortion. You have declared your support for both on this board, that is supporting abortion on this board.

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

When you vote for a presidential candidate do you necessarily support all their policies? That's practically impossible. As I've said before, I don't believe the Republicans will ever change abortion law. They haven't done anything significant in 20 years so why should I think they're going to do anything in the future? So I voted for the best candidate and for the one I thought would end the war in Iraq.

5. OldRegular

It will be interesting to see how those on this forum who think O'bama walks on water will react when he doesn't immediately end the war in Iraq. He has already backtracked on his promise particularly since the war is drawing to a close as the result of the surge and in spite of his voting against funding the troops.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Man, has this thread gone off topic!! :eek:

7. OldRegular

This thread began to drift off topic with post #12 and rapidly accelerated. That seems to be the way with about half the threads on this forum.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't think Obama walks on water. I'm simply comparing him to 8 years of George Bush. What a disaster!

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You should know because you played a large role in it.

10. OldRegular

Getting back to 9/11. President Bush has kept the country from being attacked by Islamic extremists for 7+ years. That is better than his predecessor did. If B. Hussein O'Bama, fulfilling the promises he made in the campaign, undoes the protective measures that the Bush administration put in place we can be assured of an attack on the homeland. This time it will make 9/11/01 look like a picnic.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

This is not liberal mantra. It's fact. In 20 years of Republican administrations the ONLY thing done was GW Bush's Partial Birth Abortion Act of 2003. This was an excellent step but it only stopped 0.17% of abortions in the year 2000. Nothing was done to prevent the other 99.03%. I think this is not a record to be proud of and that's why I say the Republican's are simply playing lip service to reversing Roe vs. Wade and using abortion to keep evangelical Christians in the Republican party. If you can refute these facts please do so.

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The question still begs

Can the 9/11 attacks be found in the Bible??

Stay on subject---we will not have disrespect for the President of the United States

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No, the 9/11 attacks can not be found in the Bible. In fact, there is nothing specific to the United States in the Bible. There are general warnings about what happens to a country when its people turn their backs on God and statements about how Christians should treat civil authority but nothing specific to the U.S.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

If this warning to not disrespect the president is directed at me I did no such thing. I'm stating historical facts. Can you dispute them?

Secondly, does not disrepecting the President apply to Obama as of Jan. 20? He certainly hasn't gotten any respect on this board as a candidate. i'd expect to see a significant change right after he's sworn in.

15. OldRegular

I have no respect for anyone who supports the murder of unborn or just born children!

16. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, 9-11 is not found in the Bible. However, many Christians that have bought into that Bible Code junk hook, line and sinker will sweat it's in there - you just need the right program to decode the Bible to find it.

17. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't recall reading where Peter or Paul gave an exception for people you did not like. They simply said to respect and obey those in authority over you.

18. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What does this have to do with facts? Nothing. I suppose the comment was directed at you.

19. OldRegular

Some of us still recognize that we will not reach perfection in this life.

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You could use that statement to justify doing anything. I guess Judas recognized he would not achieve perfection in his life too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.