1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the Bible compatible with the theory of evolution?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jordan Kurecki, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Funny you laugh, my intention is only to hope that you think. Your position, as I have said before is respected by me. I will not LOL at you. Please try to refrain from doing so toward me.

2. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    please refrain from laughing at me laughing at your post.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bible says the Lord God made coats of skin for clothing, not that he killed animals.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So He skinned them alive?

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You mean HE skinned them alive!

6. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry I'm in a need of some laughter. I just got into a car accident.. and I might get dropped from my insurance cuz im horrible at driving.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You said:
    So I asked. Why did God kill an animal.

Genesis 3:7 states: And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Apparently, and I have no idea why, their nakedness was a reminder of their disobedience, their sin, so they tried to make a covering for their sin. But man cannot provide a covering, an atonement, for his sin.

atonement: [kaphar kaw-far'; a primitive root; to cover; Strongs 3722]

Genesis 3:21 states: Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Adam and Eve sinned against God and experienced alienation from God, spiritual death. God made a provisional atonement or covering for they sin by killing an animal and using its skin, foreshadowing the death of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 9:22 states: And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

A growing body of scientists and evidence disagrees with you.

There is much Scripture I do not understand but in all honesty I do not have a problem with my understanding of Genesis 1!.

8. quantumfaith

1. Do you mean the "death" of the animal to typologically foreshadow the sacrifice of Christ to come? If so, I would agree with that.

2. I think the body of "scientists" holding to a YEC position exists, yes, it is still in quite the minority of that community. I do realize, that "majority" does not "make" right

3. I am glad (honestly) that you are comfortably settled with your position on Genesis 1-3.

9. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ge 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
    Most folks think that God clothed them by killing some animal, however has anyone ever considered that Adam and Eve were created without the protective layer we call skin, but were "skinless?"

Skin just doesn't "keep the insides in" but is a protective layer to keep the bad out. Totally unnecessary in Eden.

Just thinkin.... :)

10. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible does not say what they ate, only that fruits and plants were given for food. Take a carrot, pull it up, chop off the green top, wash the dirt off and eat it raw. For you to claim that carrot plant did not die is twaddle.

Physical death, at least as far as the plants eaten by Adam, Eve, and all the existing animals, existed before the fall. To deny this is to leave reality behind.

12. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you can prove Animals died before the fall how exactly?

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Jordan, any time a person seems to pretend not to understand one of my demonstrations of biblical truth -I restate it at least one time, just in case they are not being disingenuous.

I did not say the Bible indicates animals died before the fall, I said plants died that were consumed by Adam, Eve, and existing animals - animals that ate plants.

Thus plant death before the fall demonstrates that physical death existed before the fall. Genesis 1:30 teaches green plants were food for the animals.

It is a lock.

14. quantumfaith

What WOULD you accept as proof?

15. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture. A bunch of fossils found in rocks does not prove anything. which you probably think does.

16. quantumfaith

You cannot prove scripture is true, you accept it, and particularly your views on it by faith.

BTW, fossils are just one of many lines of observable evidence.

17. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture is true end of story. I KNOW the bible is true.

Fossils are observable. what is not observable is that the rocks fossils are found in are millions of years old or that the fossils themselves are millions of years old.

18. quantumfaith

You can certainly argue with the science, but you really should try to understand it first. Do you understand the fundamentals of radioactive decay? Do you understand the relatively simple mathematics of exponential growth and decay, with its inverse of logarithms?

19. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are aware that there is no way to tell that Radioactive Decay rates have always been constant?

All we can observe is the CURRENT decay rates.

That's not science.. it's wishful thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.