1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is the BIG Difference between cals And Arms In HOW They View the Fall?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 30, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

In that HOw each side regards the effects from the fall...

cals tend to see it TOTALLY affecting mankind, as it gave us inherited original Sin, that we All have a fallen sinful nature, and that we are simply unable to respond to the Gospel by ourselves, as our sin nature and spiritual "deadness' means God HAS to directly intervene on our behalf to save us...

They see the image of God now corrupted beyond point of repair, so to speak...

Arms tend to see it as though we have been marred by fall, NOT affected us so much that we cannot respond in earnest to the Gospel... God allowed us free will to love and accept/reject Him, and that still remains even in flawed/marred mankimnd after fall.
    So they still are able to respond as the will was NOT destroyed by fall, or even depravied, but more like was marred/restricted...

So is HOW we view the extent/result of the Fall depend where we tend to fall on Cal/Arm side?

#1 JesusFan, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You're probably right. I don't know if it's the bene esse, but it's certainly important.

3. mandym

mandym New Member

I am neither a Cal nor an Arm but I hold to total depravity but reject irresistible grace. I do not believe we could ever come to God unless He both pursues us and opens our heart to hear and understand the gospel. Cal's might call that regeneration prior to salvation but there are no such divisions in scripture. I hold that all men are given grace but some do not still respond in kind. That is God's allowance and it is His right and privilege under His sovereignty.