1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is the "Blessed Hope" of The Church STILL Second Coming Of Jesus Christ ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 25, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

IF we say that there will NOT be a literally physical return of Jesus in a Future Event...

What is our Blessed Hope For today than?

What Hope allows us to purify ourselves if NOT the Second Coming as a distinct possibility?

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is my hope JF not only for myself but the hope of mankind. And I will give a verse. Acts 15:16,17 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

IMO. After this refers to his taking out of the nations a people for his name and is currently in progress.
    IMO. The tabernacle of David is the throne of David who sat on the throne of the Eternal, this will be the kingdom of God.
    IMO. Satan will be chained so as not to be able to deceive man.
    IMO. All mankind will seek the Lord and those he called for his name. They will seek the kingdom of God.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The "blessed hope" is the escape from the wrath to come against an unbelieving world. The pre-trib position is the only one to fit the bill.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is always the Blessed hope....