1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Canon closed?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by trying2understand, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Frank

Frank New Member

T2U:
    The answer as to what constitutes inspired writings is provided by God in his word. Witnesses to the signs and wonders confiming this message is irrefutable. The enemies of Jesus could not deny the miraculous confirmation. I do not believe the Bible was authenticted by men ( councils). Rather, the scriptures and witnesses testify God authenticated the message through divine evidence. Men collected the written documents. I Thes. 5:27, Col. 4:16. I could care less about who collected them. I fail to see what difference that makes, as it is the message not the collection that matters in our salvation. I believe God providentially ensured the word would stand forever. I Pet. 1:23-25. Yes, he used man to write it and collect it!
    Now, answer my question, How does one know a writing is inspired? And, How do you know? As per your last post, a simple answer will suffice.

2. LisaMC

LisaMC New Member

T2U,

Can you tell me where a person would find a compilation of so-called Apostolic Traditions not found in Scripture?

No council defined Scripture.

define: 1) to determine the limits or nature of; describe exactly 2) to state the meaning of

Please do.

Why exactly?

Because for some of us, simple faith in the all mighty God and His Word is all we need.

:eek: God decided is NOT an answer for you?!?! :eek: O-kaaaaaayy.