1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the DEATH sentence Biblical, or should America end it completely?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 31, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One word comes to mind: TROLL?!

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

RD, its not appropriate to question the prayer life of another Christian who you don't actually know. If Zaac says he had that response to the death of bin Laden we should accept his word. Nothing is gained by questioning his authenticity here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake New Member

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". JESUS answered the question. How can a Christian support the death penalty when Jesus did not?

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What should be done with a convicted murderer?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The same thing that Jesus did for you on The Cross. Thumbsup

Now the government system can do whatever they want. But Christians need to display Christ when dealing with the lives of others.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do nothing to them? Or crucify them?

7. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi folks, I haven't been here for a long as another forum and fighting the final stage of MS has kept me busy.

The Death Penalty is a much disputed and seldom addressed from the whole of scripture. To get anywhere with the issue there are points that must be taken into consideration and must, in any good Bible Study, never be ignored.

The Bible, our Christian versions, is of a single context, all the way from "In the beginning..." through the very last verse of The Revelation of Jesus 22. And from this knowledge shown to me through my twenty-six years of study by the Holy Spirit during my private Time with God comes my First Rule of Hermeneutics; No scripture, collection of scriptures nor any passage of scriptures can ever be clearly understood without the light of all other scripture shinning on it/them.

Since I have been away for years let me explain further the basis for my opinion here. There are two components of a Christian Bible, the Bible and the only God ordained, God breathed or inspired twenty-seven Commentaries giving us Life Application of the Bible that Jesus wrote and taught from, the first sixty-six books or the Old Testament.

Now, today we have a tool that never is mistaken, DNA Testing and it is conclusive proof of guilt or innocence. In the Ten Commandments, written by the very finger of the Son of God before His incarnation into the body of the human, Jesus (John 1:1-3), we are given, Thou shalt not murder. Then in genesis 9:6 we find the son of God commanding us that if a man sheds the blood of another man, we are to kill him.

Today, better than ninety-eight percent of the people on the church roll carry their God/Jesus around in their pocket and they, almost, never obey Him. The fact is that it is not a good thing to find one's self in the hands of an angry God (Heb. 10;30,31).

People have been lied to from the pulpit for so long today that they are, truly Bible ignorant and actually believe all the scripture they need is the New Testament. That is sad because they cannot find Jesus in the Bible He taught from.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So Jesus didn't do anything for YOU on the Cross?

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the Cross abolished capital punishment, it also abolished fines and imprisonment. Civil government exists only for the praise of those who do well, and for the punishment of the evil-doer. One would be a tyrant and oppressor indeed if he didn't look to the Scriptures for instruction in wisdom, justice and judgment.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still trolling? Playing semantics is something you are good at! The death penalty is of Ceasar(the controlling, ruling government) , and Jesus told us to render unto Ceasar. So what does that do for your argument?

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're questioning my salvation?
    Regardless, and for anyone, was the cross to save the body or something else?

12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like you are the one trying to get a rise out of Zaac.

• Like Like x 1
  13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is practicing his trade as a troll. Let it go. You have clearly made a solid argument and he is merely baiting you.

I wonder if those who chastised my earlier post for him will chastise him for calling your relationship with Jesus into question.

Shalom!

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If I were questioning your salvation, you wouldn't have to ask the question.;)

Now follow what was said.

You said: So what should be done with a convicted murderer?
    I said: The same thing Jesus did for you on the Cross.
    You said: Do nothing to them? Or crucify them?
    I said:So Jesus didn't do anything for YOU on the Cross?

And here we are with you thinking I questioned your salvation.:rolleyes:

So I ask the question again since your question implies that He did nothing while on the Cross. SO Jesus didn't do anything for YOU on the Cross?

But let me help out here in case some new Christian is perusing the boards.

You like the rest of us are deserving of death. But Mercy said NO! Because as Christ hung on that Cross, HE pardoned our sin and the death sentence we were ALL due.

So how dare I or any other Christian be an advocate for the same government that unrighteously allows the taking of the lives of unborn babies to unrighteously allow the taking of the lives of adults?

Mercy will be shown to those who show mercy. God bestowed His mercy and His grace upon us on The Cross when we deserved death.

IMO, it is the utmost spit in his face for a CHRISTIAN to advocate the taking of another person's life for ANYTHING.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Who said the Cross abolished capital punishment? It still exists and folks still practice it.

What the Cross should have done was abolish the advocacy for capital punishment in the hearts of those who say they follow Christ.

Seems like some of you pick and choose when the government is okay with you. I will forever find it odd that so many of you are at odds with the government for allowing babies to be killed in the womb, but you don't take issue with the same government allowing people to be killed outside the womb.

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calm och nice, RD. Remember, calm and nice...

17. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Zaac,
    I notice you avoided my first post but I made the complet case as to why you are wrong. Can you address what I posted on the page before this?

18. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Rolf
    You are to be commended for your handling of RD's insults.

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not think that he insulted me.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians should abhor justice?

Justice is killing babies.

Got it.

Now, if the administration of this board can suffer a temporary lapse into honesty and ban your infanticidal butt . . .