1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the DEATH sentence Biblical, or should America end it completely?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Hey Bill. Glad you're back with us. Will be praying for your health issues.

I think I'm kind of confused here. You say the "first" sixty-six books as though you believe there are additional books that should be included in the Bible. Can you clarify? Thanks.

I believe , again, when you take the Bible as a whole and allow it to hold it's integrity from start to finish, that Gen. 9:6 was for that pre-Christ time frame and to those people.

We can't very well take the whole of Scripture into account and reconcile the command to love our neighbor as ourselves, or how we are to forgive many times over, or how we are ALL guilty of breaking EVERY commandment if we break one, if we purport that we still have the right to kill those who have killed another.

The whole of Scripture simply does not support that.

The law didn't go away. But it was completed and The Cross showed us why doing the cultural things that the Israelites did to keep themselves set apart from the heathen cultures around them AREN'T what would set us apart post-Cross.

Post cross, it is the love of Jesus and HIS Holiness that should set us apart.

It is the love of Jesus that extends mercy when anyone wants to take the life of another for any reason.

It is the love of Jesus that says forgive that person no matter how many time they have wronged you.

It is the love of Jesus that says I'm going to help the widows, the poor, and the orphaned.

It is the love of Jesus and what HE did on the Cross for all who would be saved that should compel us to ALWAYS show the same kind of grace and mercy when it comes to advocating life for EVERY situation, not just with the unborn.

I often tell people that it's really easy to know when an understanding is or is not of God.

An understanding that IS of God is NOT going to author confusion by contradicting another understanding or action of God. The only time it does, is when men's opinions have entered into the understanding.

There's simply no way, IMO, to look at The Cross and see any situation where Christ would expect His followers to do anything but show grace and mercy for the lives of those whom a worldly government gives the okay to kill.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome back. By "final stage of MS" I assume you mean Secondary Progressive? I was diagnosed with Remitting/Relapsing MS about 10 years ago. I (literally) feel your pain. Hang in there, Brother. God has a cure for MS. It involves a resurrected body and a relocation to the Heavenly City but it is a 100% effective cure. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

How do you figure killing someone who SCRIPTURE says has broken the same laws as YOU is justice when you don't get the same thing for breaking the same laws?

Nope. But justice certainly isn't killing adults either.

Obviously you do not "got it".

They'd have to suffer the same to ban your hypocritical, homicidal butt..Eek

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN TC!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL! Will you believe that little man inside my head, the one that keeps my file in order, fell off the loading dock and broke both legs? ;) I meant sixty-nine books, the incorrectly named, Old Testament.

6. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello TC,
    Yes, Secondary Progressive and my Neuro was so disappointed when my two year death sentence passed about six years or so back and I was still driving my electric chair around. Two Neuros have told me I have this because I volunteered for three Vietnam tours and was sprayed with so much defoliant but, HEY, I volunteered for the experiment, did I not?

My pain is awful and because of the opioids the Constipation is, did I say, incredible? I know why I would never want to do Opium now. Wow, the education I have gotten in the past seventy-one years. I will keep your condition in my prayers also, and may God bless youand yours.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that statement Christian?

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By that reasoning, how do you justify any penal code?

• Like Like x 1
  9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. Some days I think I am single handedly keeping Exlax in business. :)

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

We weren't talking about penal codes. We're talking specifically bout the death penalty.

I fully expect the WORLD to mete out its own brand of "justice". I expect Christians to support that which is aligned with God's word. And post-Cross, taking the life of another for a crime committed is not justice.

I mean seriously. This is the same government that says it's okay to crack open a baby's skull and suck him out of his mother's womb.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel for both you and TC. I suffer from peripheral neuropathy, brought about by both diabetes and a major injury to the L-2 through S-1 that result in spinal surgery to avoid paralysis. The surgery was over 12 hours, and involved fusion and metal instruments that remain . That surgery was 1991.

The neuro problems are progressive, and the pain is severe enough to warrant me using gabapettin and morphine. I don't know if you have tried probiotics and baked beans plus as much fiber through oatmeal and granola as possible, but it has helped to counter the constipation.

Like zaac offered, I too will hold you up in prayer my prayers. TC has been on my prayer list since I discovered his battle with MS. As a one voc rehab counselor, I know just how serious MS is. I guess we all, have a life sentence hanging over our heads, but so many folks suffer while they wait that new and improved body in glory. And that is what I join in praying with you for, that your suffering be less. Shalom.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And "penal" and "penalty" aren't related concepts at all.

I get to tell this story again:

When I was in college, a series of forums were held concerning the U.S. Constitution (the bicentennial thereof coming up and all). One debate was titled Capital Punishment and the Constitution. When the discussion turned to the constitutionality of the death penalty, the moderator said, this debate is titled Capital Punishment AND the Constitution, it's not about the constitutionality of capital punishment!

He was met with a stunned silence by the panelists and the audience.

You remind me of that moderator. Thumbsup

13. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You need to look at what a penal code is. We weren't talking about a penal code. We're talking about ONE thing: the death penalty and whether or not there is Biblical justification for Christians to support it.

I get to tell this story again: YOUR CONSTITUTION is not part of the word of God. I don't particularly care what your Constitution says where God has already spoken.

15. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have the "worms" began to crawl under your skin yet, some days I want to claw the skin off my body to kill the imaginary turkeys. I've been fighting this ever since 1970 but i have better than seventy scars on my brain now but hey, they have admitted I have a brain. :0

16. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother,
    I have seen the phoney stats that prove what you say but stats are so easily twisted that by forty i gave them to File thirteen, permanently. In practical experience however ihave watched the crime rate per capita grow cout of control in the nation when and since we have chosen not to obey God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No deterrent? How many more buildings is Timothy McVeigh going to bomb?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    . . . and that's why they call him "Sly Old Fox!" Roflmao

Confused Ehdden 'e great, folks! Jus' ain' got dem ears tuned fo' lissnuhn. Ah's tells a story 'bout critters, an' 'e's thinkun beer bottles. Whistling

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reading this was like beginning to learn another language. *laugh*

20. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm more at the "red hot ice pick stabbing my feet and legs while my hands and arm are getting electric shocks" stage. :D

My auditory nerves have been compromised greatly limiting my hearing and my optic nerves also greatly limiting my vision, especially at night. Gives me a good excuse to stay home and watch Netflix. :D