1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the GOSPEL a work of the Holy Spirit, or not?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I seem to get what James is saying...you are the one ripping it to pieces. Like I said, a child can understand the progression.
    I'm well aware of man's fallen condition. This is not the same thing as Augustinianism.
    Ditto
    It explains what a sinner is and the consequence. Only someone so entrenched in Augustinianism could miss it.
    It's your perogative if you want to embrace Roman Catholic hamartiology...I'll pass.
    What have I made up? I quoted Scripture word for word! If anything Augustine invented an extra-biblical doctrine you embrace.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WD,

Did you read the sermon?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: I merely asked a question. Thanks, now I have to clean the coffee off the screen. ROFL!!!

BTW, you never answered the question.

#183 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I'm lying...just pulling your leg for a laugh:laugh:

Talk about pretzel logic (incredible):rolleyes:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No I didn't. Posting a sermon from a source that appears to agree with you does not prove nor disprove the passage in question and does nothing for a debate. We all can do that. Stick to the Scripture.

Also, since you didn't address my question on what I "made up", I'll just chalk it up to another lame attempt of yours at a personal attack.

#185 webdog, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
  6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Adam and Jesus ONLY men who EVER had "real free will" to sin or not, as Adam was created with a sinless nature by God, and jesus was both God and Sinless man...

Both Satan and Adam chose willfully to sin against God, in order to "play god"
    Chose to do such as "Free moral Agents"

Both falls affected creation and man..

NO LONGER capable of making free moral decisions, as now born as sinners, who prove that by willfully sinning against God!

7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

when the Gospel "made sense to you" was when the Holy Spirit 'woke you up" in a spiritual sense to actually be able to hear and believe unto jesus and become saved...

Due the fact that you heard and believed in Jesus confirmed and proved that you were indeed one of the Elect of God!

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice...:thumbs: Thank you HS:smilewinkgrin:

Of course you will be called delusional but if I were use, I'd go for the "Gnostic" title ..... thats pronounced wit a silent G.:laugh: Pretty Cool!

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you are claiming he passed from spiritual death to spiritual life at that moment, and before faith in Christ?
    ...or he is one of the "elect" (I believe this refers to jewish believers...not sure DHK is jewish) because he heard and believed.

10. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

This has to be one of the most blatantly false and misrepresentative posts I've read on the BB. Aaron, you really ought to be ashamed of yourself. I know you cannot be so daft as to actually believe that any of us have ever said that we can "save ourselves." Thus, I'm left with no other option but to believe that you purposefully and maliciously misrepresent us because you either cannot or will not debate our actual views. That reveals all I need to know about you. :tear:

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I knew zip about theology save the little I had learned through the Catholic Church--RCC doctrine. I was like the "believers" (except I wasn't a believer) that Paul found in Acts 19--"we have not heard that there be such a thing as the Holy Spirit." I knew about and believed the trinity. But as far as the work and actual person of the Holy Spirit I was ignorant. Thus your statement above to me would be nonsense if you had asked that just after I got saved. If I was unaware of it then what I would be aware of it now in retrospect. I don't eisigete my salvation experience. I don't expect you to read anything into it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.