1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the land of Israel ‘Holy’?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

And so all Israel shall be saved.

DHK wrote:

DHK believes Israel to be ‘Holy Land,’ thus necessitating all Jews live there if they wish to be saved.

But ‘land’ cannot be holy because dirt is not holy.

[​IMG]

Unholy dirt

Dirt is not holy even if located in Bethlehem:

[​IMG]

CONTINUED.....

2. Protestant

Dirt is still not holy even if the Pope kisses it.

[​IMG]

CONTINUED.......

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    70 weeks - 490 years were appointed for the Jews according to Dan 9 - starting from the time of the Medes and the Persians and reaching to the Baptism of Christ, and his crucifixion in the middle of the last 7 year cyle in that 490 year timeline.

Probation for Israel ended.

God loves them as He also "So loves the World" and wants them to be saved along with all mankind.

But not all will accept the Gospel.

4. Protestant

The ‘Holy Land’ of Israel is no more holy than the ‘Holy Land’ Theme Park.

[​IMG]

CONTINUED.......

5. Protestant

Conclusion:

The saints of God are holy because the Holy Spirit indwells them.

They alone are holy even if they live in a trashy neighborhood.

[​IMG]

6. TrevorL

TrevorL Member

Greetings Protestant,
    I agree with DHK’s comment. Yes there are many prophecies concerning the return of the Jews to the Land of Israel. Some of these prophecies speak of the Jews returning to the Land before the return of Jesus, and in unbelief of Jesus as their Messiah. Others speak of their return to the Land after the return of Jesus after accepting Jesus as their Saviour.

I agree in part and disagree in part with your conclusion. Jews will not simply be saved by returning to the Land. Jews will only be saved by accepting the Salvation available in and through the Name of Jesus.

The Land promised to Abraham and Christ is “Holy”, firstly because it is a Land that is set apart to be the first dominion of the Kingdom of God upon the earth.

When Lot separated from Abraham, and Abraham was promised that he and his seed would inherit the land which he could see, north, south, east and west:
    Genesis 13:14-15 (KJV): 14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Paul defines this seed as Christ:
    Galatians 3:8 (KJV): And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
    Galatians 3:16 (KJV): Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Thus the promise of the land is an important part of the gospel which is to be fulfilled in Christ. Those that believe this promise concerning the land, and hence have faith in Christ and are baptised are incorporated into Christ, and become heirs with Abraham of this land promise.
    Galatians 3:26-29 (KJV): 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Kind regards
    Trevor

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Exodus 3:5 God tells Moses: "And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground." (KJV)

8. Protestant

Your point would be well taken if:

1. The Burning Bush was located in Israel, which it was not.

2. Orthodox hermeneutics required us to interpret the New Testament by the Old, which it does not.

Wherever the presence of God is manifested, that place is holy.

The Holy of Holies in the Jewish Temple was the predominate OT example.

However, that physical Temple was only a type of its antitype, the spiritual Temple comprised of Elect Jews and Gentiles:

And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What's more, you are his holy priests. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God. (1 Peter 2:5 New Living Translation)

Our bodies are the temples of God the Holy Spirit.
    No need to wander in the desert in order to find a holy bush by which we can commune with the Living God.

However, if communing with a bush is what the doctor ordered, one may travel to St. Catherine’s Greek Orthodox Monastery in Egypt to find what they claim is the original burning bush.

[​IMG]
    A Word to Wise: shoes must be removed before entering its chapel.

9. Protestant

Hello Trevor:

I am sure I am not alone when I say that your sincerity, seriousness and zeal are unquestionably very real and admirable.

You are well read and have much Bible knowledge, to your credit.

However, as DHK and I have pointed out to you in respectable and polite tones through numerous posts, until you come to believe in the full deity as well as the full humanity of Christ, you have no way to the Father.

Jesus Christ is the eternal God; the eternal Son of God.

It is through this God-man Jesus Christ that all must come to the Father.

The Christadelphian sect is not Christian.

I know it is a hard truth to acknowledge, but it is true nonetheless.

May God grant you the grace of the revelation knowledge of Christ as you continue to ask, seek and knock.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is that you stated there is NO ground that is holy. God said there is.

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That was not Israel. that was the Sinai Peninsula. The only reason it was Holy is because of the presence of God. I doubt God is indwelling many in Israel now.

Anyhow Israel is not the Holy Land. But a lot of people make money selling that idea.

#11 OldRegular, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the land of Israel ‘Holy’?

If it ain't, it ought to be.

13. TrevorL

TrevorL Member

Greetings again Protestant,
    Whether you agree or disagree with my understanding of Jesus Christ as the Son of God is really not relevant to this thread. You seemed to suggest that the prophecies concerning the return of the Jews to the Land of Israel were not important or relevant. Could I ask if you have considered the detail concerning the return of the Jews to their land in Ezekiel 38. This is one prophecy that indicates that there would be a primary and partial restoration of the Jews to the Holy Land before the advent of Jesus, and that they would return in unbelief of Jesus as the Messiah.

Kind regards
    Trevor

14. Protestant

It IS relevant to your eternal destiny which is FAR more important than the subject of physical Israel's destiny.

I fear you are spending too much of what little is left of your valuable time remaining on earth debating side issues which will not bring you one whit closer to saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

15. Protestant

Amen. 'Holy Land' tours are BIG BUSINESS.

Hey, for that matter religion today is big business.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your quote is dishonest. I never said that "the land was holy." Where did I actually say that? Why are you lying.

In fact, on December 19, 2014 you made this post:
    You were the first one in any of these threads to call that parcel of land "holy." Why are you being hypocritical?

Here are my actual words which you misquoted:
    Perhaps this is the one you had in mind. It was made just a couple of days ago on Feb. 9th.
    I said that the world recognizes that parcel of land as "The Holy Land."
    I have a secular history book: "The Christians, Their first two thousand years." The author relates of this land "as the holiest area around the holy city of Jerusalem."
    Secular historians call it holy.

As Alcott said:
    Next time, get your quotes straight.

17. TrevorL

TrevorL Member

Greetings again Protestant,
    I consider the situation with Israel, their future conversion at the return of Jesus, and their place in the Kingdom of God during the 1000 years is important. This is one element of a correct understanding of the Kingdom of God. I suggest that you do not have a correct understanding of many of the prophecies concerning Israel, their restoration, their conversion and their role in the future Kingdom of God.

The gospel is briefly summarised in the following:
    Acts 8:5,12 (KJV): 5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

You claim that I am deficient in understanding of the correct gospel, even though I have explained many aspects of both of the above elements in various threads. There are many other aspects that I have not discussed, but this thread is an example where we can both consider the Word of God on the subject of this thread and NOT avoid the issue.

Kind regards
    Trevor

18. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Why????????????

19. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Next time I go over there I will take a shovel and make it holy.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks allot like Kearny NJ :eek: