1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the Obama Administration: RACIST?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 28, 2014.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure why negro is offensive to blacks.:confused:

Not sure why ni---r is reserved for blacks to call each other. Sometimes it's a term of endearment and sometimes used as an insult. Apparently only blacks know which is which and when.

Can't be called "colored people" either. Just ask the NAACP. Maybe they can explain it.

I really hate to be referred to as caucasian, don't you? Racist from the get go.:thumbs:

#41 carpro, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'd say that you may need to ask them. I'm sure they can probably explain it better than we can.

It's not. It's also used by others to insult and demean and remind them that some still consider them as an inferior, disgusting piece of property to be used and abused.

I think that some of you understand a little bit more than you pretend to.

Then let it be known what you prefer to be called.

I have wondered who started the Black and White thing when the skin tones are neither black nor white.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It depends on the age of the person. I have a good friend who says her mother insisted on being called Negro. If anyone dared call her black she would let them know in no uncertain terms what she thought of that term.

Regardless, I would never use that term regardless of who I was talking to be they white or black.

White is a color.

No, I do not mind being called Caucasian. Does not bother me in the least.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's because you're an "enlightened" lefty.:smilewinkgrin:

You a fan of Lyndon Johnson? He was quite ...well...colorful when he was referring to blacks. Guess it was OK , since he was a liberal racist.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The last president I really liked was Harry Truman. He made a lot of right decisions at the end of WW II. You always knew where and what Harry stood for and he was very honest in his spoken words. Would that we had politicians now who could put a coherent speech together and said what they really mean.

LBJ? No, I never really liked him.

It appears some would like a language police like they have in France, but we can't make English pure like the French like their French. We have no pride and have taken words from just about every language in the world and use them. I guess English is now a mongrel language. But, it is currently the most important language in the world.

#45 Crabtownboy, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know what you are talking about. I ref men's basketball in the city league, and the blacks will use the "N" word liberally. However, one night a Latino player was fouled hard by a black member from the other team, and words broke out, because the Hispanic got up off the floor and called the guy a F---------g N------! Because city rules are strict about fights, intentional fouls and provking language, I called a charging foul on the black player and kicked the Latino guy out of the game! Of course, he and his team mates were not happy with me, but the other ref, my boss and the assistant director of parks and rec, stood up for my call, and warned the team they could be hit with a forfeit if they continued to push the issue!

So, why can blacks use the term of endearment, while others can't? It remains a mystery!

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just don't say it man. Thou doth protest too much. Take a step back and try to justify why you are campaigning for your right to use racially charged terms. A reasonable person would probably say "you know what, there are more appropriate terms to use and this one is pretty controversial so maybe I'll try to find a more appropriate term." An unreasonable person would dig their heels in and refuse to acknowledge the history and context of such terms. I think your heart is in the right place but is this really the hill you want to die on?

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simply because they just want something to be offended about.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! I mean just Wow! Says the white guy. Unreal.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Negro? Seriously?

The formal description of an entire race of people is off limits.?

Ridiculous.

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does it matter to you? Why is calling somebody something they don't want to be called so important to you? Very strange.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not. That's why I'll call them Negros any time I want and let the PC crowd yell their fool heads off.

In face to face conversations with blacks, it never comes up. I'm not so sure it's a problem with most of them.

I routinely converse with dozens of blacks on a daily basis. They're not nearly as touchy about it as the PC crowd and the liberals here that look for any excuse to call a brother a racist. They call each other "n****r so routinely, it's almost comical. But that particular word is off limits for whites...and I understand why. But Negro? Get a life lefties. :wavey:

Still confused? If so, stay that way. I wouldn't recognize you any other way.

Now back to the original OP question. The answer is ABSOLUTELY YES. Without a doubt. And it's been proven multiple times here on BB. It's not latent racism at all, it's full blown and out in the open.

#52 carpro, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently it is important to you because you just said you are going to call people whatever you want and who cares if they are offended. People that constantly complain about being the PC world are essentially saying I don't care if I sound bigoted, racist or ignorant.

You should travel outside of the Republic of Texas more. Your understanding of race relations in the U.S. is extremely myopic.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Texas has everything I want or need. Including not very many liberals.

But you may be right. Almost all the blacks I come in contact with are Texans as well. Maybe that's the difference. :thumbs:

And if people like you think I'm a racist, it's OK with me. The blacks I interact with know better, and that's all that really matters. You don't.

#54 carpro, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you just made my point.

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to agree with Capro. A lot of people may think I lean towards the racist views of white.

However, to know me is to love me, and I have Hispanic, Asian and black friends who would defend my views on immigration, illegal border crossing, and not approving blanket, fast track amnesty for those who broke our laws. They would also defend my argument for Americans to make English the primary language of choice, sing their native tongue as a second language!

And when I say friends, I also mean acquaintances who know me through my public speaking and teaching grants; preaching, and music ministry! I am not talking about a handful of folks, but a large number, probably more than most who criticize me could begin to imagine!

People know me, and like Capro, that is all I need to know! In fact, all I need in this life is KNOW, that I know, God loves me. It doesn't matter if others don't, that will be their problem, and they will have to answer to their God for that flaw in judgement, at their judgement!

I have enough things I will have to answer for, I surely don't want to getting into a personality conflict with another believer, because than I would have one more thing to answer for!

I try to live by the old adage, "I'm okay. You're okay!" I am working towards that like never before when it comes to the board. However, just because I believe you may be okay in God's eyes, doesn't mean we have to be bosom buds in this life! I realize there are going to be differences of opinions, and again; that's fine. And if along the way, you decide you can't stand me, there is little I can do to change that view. That's what "I'm okay; you're okay" really means. Accepting another but not trying to change them!

Shalom! :flower: