1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Republican Nomination over?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Mar 20, 2012.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Happens all the time most states don't know if one is DEM or PUB when they vote in primaries. Since the President has noone running against him thy skew the nomination in their state for the candidate that can't defeat their candidate.

American politics. To bad they have forgotten that we are a Republic not a Democracy.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. In some States or Commonwealths, the decision is based on State/CW law - in others it is based on the Parties decision

As far as the delegate awarding system - see above
    Personally, I prefer proportional voting. I think the best way is based on the % of votes - as opposed to congressional districts or ect...

A few folks have made this into a Romney bashing thread. If you wish to do so, please start a new thread. That way, I will know not to participate for obvious reasons

So in case you forgot, I have "quoted" the OP below

I would like to thank the BB members who have actually addressed the issue - some good discussions.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No vote for Romney under any circumstance. The Republicans made their bed, now they can lie in it. They learned nothing from 2008. Too bad for our nation, the price is quite high, eight years of Obama because of idiot Republican power brokers.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I haven't done anything but stated a fact. We are a 2 party country whether you want to admit it or not. I'll have no problem telling the Lord I did everything in my power to eliminate a national threat while you keep your head in the sand thinking your vote going to the one who has a zero chance of winning is somehow morally superior.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

At best the character of Romney is equal to Obama. Yes, we are a two party country. We are presented with two pro abortion, pro gay rights, anti Chrisitian, anti Constitutional nominees.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Besides questioning some of the above, one is a national threat to this country, one is not. That is reason enough to do everything in our power to eliminate this threat.

You do realize mormon's hold the constitution very high as muslim's hold the hadith?

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    saturneptune is a great politician - he wont answer the question.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Obviously they do not hold the right to life and the institution of marriage very high. They hold the Constitution in high regard?? How do you relate that to the 2nd Amendment? You talk about eliminating the threat. The threat is eliminated by nominating a decent candidate, not nominating a clone to Obama.

Muslims are openly hostile. First of all, you have no evidence Obama is one. Secondly, Romney is a Mormon. Mormonism is a very dangerous threat to the Christian faith in that their threat is quiet. They preach a false Gospel, a false Christ, do not consider the Bible at the same level as the Book of Mormon, and watch the SyFy channel to develope a end times doctrine. Just what we need, another person to lead this nation who is a non Christian.

What evidence do you have that Romney is not a threat to national security? His words?? He also says he is pro life and pro marriage.

Have you heard the term self fulfilling prophecy? That is exactly what support for Romney guarantees, Obama's reelection, the exact thing you claim to be against.

#28 saturneptune, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The question was answered. Try reading post two. You are looking for excuses to support Romney. You are going to wake up on November 7th, and find an Obama victory splattered all across the papers, and the direct cause is going to be the same as it was in 2008, a tolerance of pathetic, liberal nominees.

The answer to the question is whether one considers character an ingredient in our leaders. I do, and have voted for my last watered down Republican. You criticize Ronald Reagan's faith, and turn right around and defend Romney. That is beyond belief. You call me a politician?? Do you even understand the conservative ideals beyond New York state ballot definitions?

#29 saturneptune, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  10. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I haven't seen that much difference in the two, the thing about Rominy is he hasn't said our nation is no longer a Christian nation like the President has stated. The President has refused to attend or support a national day of Prayer in our nation and yet will bow and pray to the east for Ramadan. Praying to Allah the moon God of the ancient Babylonians. Rominy at least acknowledges the Judeo-Christian God that the current President abhors. Other than that they are the same.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh, same ol' same ol' voting for the lesser of two evils.

I'm voting RP in the primary, and most likely Romney in the general.

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

It is what we are down too in our society. Lesser of two evils rather than a sound man of God who does that which is right in the eyes of God.

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Except for when they list "CHRISTIAN" denominations in this nation Mormanism and by the Way Jehovah Witnesses are listed as such. But let's see a President that kneels and prays with Muslims at Ramaadan what would you call that?

14. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How about a three or four party approach. Diversity increases competition and that is always good for consumers.

See that wasn't hard at all. Just remember, both major parties were third parties at one point in our history.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...yet Romney claims to support both.
    The "church" has no official position on guns
    Good, then be sure to write in your perfect candidate and let's see how well he does next fall.

You must not understand Islam too well. Sura 9 gives them the option to pretend to be our friends, even bypassing Islam in general for the further cause of Islam. Just because one claims to not be muslim or even claims to be a christian means nothing. Islam is built on deceit and lies.

You say he is not. Your proof?
    ...except Obama's own campaign experts believe if the election were to happen today, Romney would defeat him.

I'm no fan of Romney, but compared to the incumbent, if he is going against him, he will have my vote. Terrence Potts might be the perfect candidate to run this country, but if I'm the only one voting for him it makes NO difference in the grand scheme of things.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is ideal, but the sheeple in this nation want a 2 party system, it's easier for lazy people to vote. Based on this fact, we have to realize a third party vote is wasted (the sheeple voted someone in who made history and spoke well last time around...you think they are ready to actually research candidates?)

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you are proposing is similar to a coalition government. That would be fine, but no legislation would ever get passed. We'd have to rewrite the constitution. Do we want to go there?

(Sounds like a topic for another thread. Starting it now...)

18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

why not go back to the original way the founding fathers set it up.

The Electoral college system:

" In the original system the electors simply had two votes. Whoever got the majority was made president, whoever got the second most votes automatically became vice-president. Although this may sound like a fair way to handle election to the high office, it was found that the president was often saddled with a vice-president who was completely against his policies. This might also cause the party behind the vice-president in such cases to actively work for the demise of the president. To avoid this unseemly situation Amendment XII was approved by congress and ratified by two-thirds of the states.

The twelfth amendment to the Constitution states that the electors "shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President." Doing this ensures that the president and vice-president will be a team rather than adversaries as the electors are chosen based on the candidates that they support."

Repeal the 12th. Do away with a party system like this nation was intended to be.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I would call it someone searching for justification for voting for a pro abortion, pro gay rights antiChristian candidate for President. (not the one in office).

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not care if my vote makes no difference or not. I am not casting a vote for a pro abortion, pro gay rights, anti Christian, liar who panders for votes with the blood of innocent children.