1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Republican Nomination over?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Mar 20, 2012.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So you just won't vote in this one if it is President Obama and Rominey. who will you write in? Rick Perry, Herman Cain??? Someone else because President Obama is all of the above things you list. Isn't it great you have that freedom. Keep this in mind if you don't vote you can't gripe about what they do.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You do not get our much do you? There are many choices in the form of third party candidates. The real solution would have been for the Republicans to nominate a decent candidate. It is that attitude of "oh well what can I do about it" that has the Republican Party nominating clones of Obama. It is people who vote for people like Romney and show no expectations of our nations leaders other than "I hate Obama" who created this mess.

The very fact you would even consider voting for a person with the character of Romney says loads.

3. ChristianLady1978

ChristianLady1978 New Member

It does look like Mitt Romney will get the Republican nomination for president. So, who to vote for? Well, honestly I didn't vote for Obama the first time and I don't plan to vote for him the second time.

Just remember everyone, it's your civic duty to cast your vote (regardless of who you vote for). And personally, I feel that if a person doesn't make their voice heard at the polls when it matters they need to shush for the next four years and not complain about the state of the country. ;)

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I have yet to even decide if I will vote in the primary much less what I will do about the General election. President Obama is in office because the Republicans have been ignoring the Christians for a few years now. The DEM's care nothing about our right to worship God freely, at least the REP. respect that right now anyway. Our Hope lies in the Lord and who He raises up and tears down. Hopefully we will get Godly men and women in Congress and Seante and have 1/3 override ability to do that which is right in God's eyes.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your first sentence says it all. Your vote does make a difference, and unless you vote for Jesus, you are being a hypocrite.

Still waiting on proof of your allegations, btw.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are really good at calling names. I have seen it in your posts for years now. Never an edifying comment. There are no allegations in any post. All you have to do is take the time to research Mormon doctrine and Romney's actions as governor of Massachussetts. You call others hypocrite all the time, yet you are the one who is considering voting for someone with the character of Romney and list all of Obama's faults, which is justified, in the same breath. What was it you called me? Is it because I take a stand on right to life and traditional marriage, plus the fact I am not a Republican stooge.

#46 saturneptune, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And how do you propose that this happens with Romney running against Obama?

8. targus

targus New Member

You already have your wish. His name is Obama. :laugh:

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This post proves your hypocricy in allegedly calling me out during your ad hom rant while claiming the moral high ground.

Your hyperbolic grandstanding concerning politics is legendary.

Still waiting on all of your support for your claims...

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

***yelling from the living room***

Alright boys, quiet down!! Do I have to come in there with my belt? Lay down and go to sleep! :laugh: J/K

BTW, have any of y'all ever gotten this warning? I sure have!!

#50 convicted1, Mar 22, 2012
  11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My lowest point in life in the morality department is higher than your peak. It is not my fault you failed to understand basic English by the time you got your GED. You would not know a rant if you saw one, and you certainly have no concept of character within a person. Wonder why that is?

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I rest my case.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The only reason you rest your case is that you are too lazy to research the issues. If you spent as much time studying the candidate's records as you do calling people hypocrite, you might know what you are talking about.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Laziness has nothing to do with it. You love to use hyperbole in making your accusations, put your money where your mouth is and back them...or stop writing checks your mouth can't cash. You have the audacity to claim I have been calling people names "for years"...yet spew your juvenile vitriolic venow as shown these past couple posts. Like I said...that is the very essence of hypocricy. Don't like it? Too bad.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is no audacity to it. Think about your posts in Calvin-free will debates which I stay out of. If you do not understand government, history, and politics enough to make intelligent observations, then stay out. If you do not like that, too bad. If you had any interest in an intelligent back and forth, you would at least have looked up basic facts on Mitt Romney.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hogwash. I have loooked into all of the candidates and have researched their positions, which do not match your observations. In what is called "debate", the burden of proof is on the one making the accusations. I asked for such proof. You replied with nothing but attacks. Lets talk about intelligent obserations...

Just be sure to vote for Steven Hollins this fall, the perfect candidate to lead this country...he doesn't even have to be running, heck he might not even want the job...just write him in, kick your feet up and feel great about YOUR personal candidate while Obama is being sworn in next January....then come back here complaining and belly aching about how everyone else was at fault for not following your vision and your hand picked candidate.

I'll be doing everything I can so Obama is not placing his hand on a Bible next year.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The only reason Obama will be sworn in again is that people like you learned nothing from 2008 about nominating liberal candidates for President. If you have time in your busy schedule, look up the results of the 1980 election when the Republicans did nominate a conservative against a sitting President. Put 2008 and 1980 next to each other. Maybe then it will get through your thick skull.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unlike you, I understand reality, and choose to make choices given that. Just keep thinking your mystery candidate will win this fall, which for someone so vocal in endorsing the choice of him / her you would think you would want everyone to know just who it is so we all could follow your Saulian wisdom in voting for this person...but oddly you have yet to say who this candidate is who will lead us to the promised land. Wonder why that is. Maybe because they will be viewed also as a lesser of two evils? Hmmm...

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Unlike you, I stay on topic. This has nothing to do with a mystery candidate. It has to do with the quality of the Republican nominee. I do not have Saulian wisdom, I do have enough common sense to stay on topic. It seems to me you already know the outcome of the 1980 election and the lesson it taught. It was a clear choice, in fact, the sitting President Carter, was light years ahead of the two choices this year. If you were able to eek out a difference between Obama and Romney, and they got a report card, Obama would get an F and Romney would get an F+. However, you make no case for Romney to be better. Ignore the religion, since your mantra is Commander in Chief, not Reverend in Chief. How do you justify the pro abortion, pro gay rights, and if you want to ignore the morality issues, then think about RomneyCare. Look up the provisions and compare it to ObamaCare. You have no basis for any record on foreign policy or national security since he has no record. His word is no good on morality issues, so why would you trust what he says about national security? If you choose to ignore the Mormonism, then you have to ignore the alleged Muslim influence over Obama. Why is it that all the voters in the Southern states cannot stand Romney? Why is it he just barely eeks out a victory in states like you live in, and usually in counties Obama is going to win anyhow?

Maybe you can understand this. Deep southern states, unlike Ohio, are solid Republican up till now. You say Romney is the best hope to win, (win what I do not know since you failed to show a difference), but in Mississippi for example, there are 38% black voters on the rolls and about 10% white voters who vote for the Democrat. The other 52% of white voters generally vote Republican, with a higher percentage because the conservatives turn out in greater numbers. Romney is the only nominee that could put Mississippi in play. Many of that 52% will stay home rather than vote for a Mormon or a pro abortionist. Voters down there take issues like that serious. The point is, Romney turns a solid red state into a swing state, and there are many other southern states that could do the same. Does that get the point across?

If you are willing to stop with the unnecessary phrases, so am I. If you will notice, I have been using your exact words.

#59 saturneptune, Mar 22, 2012
  20. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Lord makes it very clear that those who do not receive Jesus Christ as Lord are His enemies. You go right ahead and vote for one of God's enemies and see how that works out for you at the JSoC.

I for one will stick with the instructions found in the scriptures and apply God's teaching to everything i do. When God says don't have anything to do with darkness, then I will stand clear except it be to witness Christ to them.