1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the tide turning in the 2006 campaign?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 30, 2006.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What a nice post SN. Ah democracy in progress.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saturneptune
    The tide is shifting to the GOP? And the good that will do America is? Oh I know, it will continue dynamic leadership, honesty in government, balanced budgets, borders under control, social security and medicare reform a fact, efficient FEMA responses, great policy and tactics in Iraq, and a respect for human life because abortion has been outlawed. Heres your sign.

I agree with hillclimber on this one.SN you posted a nice opinion and your thoughts about the politics are an important part of democracy. Americans everywhere shoud be courageous enough to point out the flaws in our government instead of turning a blind eye to it.

3. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Staying the course.

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Not enough to make me vote democrat, unless the only alternative is a republican incumbent.

Maybe not as big a storm as we think. Plus years of gerrymandering should provide some protection to the GOP.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

If you believe the conservative, Republican dominated Rasmussen Report, the tide is definitely turning. The Democrats are solidifying their leads in an increasing number of congressional races, and the Republican hold on the Senate could fall if the Democrats win in New Jersey, which is now a dead heat.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/Election Polls 2006.htm

I clipped this off a subscription page, but I don't know whether the premium members stuff will show for you or not.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key will be who actually ends up voting in the election, not who does well in opinion polls.

I won't be helping out either major party. We don't have either U.S. senator up for re-election and our Democratic Congressman will keep the job for as long as he wants it - he just has to continue to keep the pro-second amendment folks happy.

10. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I hereby call on every single Texan on this board to drop both major parties in the Governor's race and vote Kinky Friedman for Governor!

11. Bro. James Reed

FYI,

Thus far I have convinced 12 Republicans to vote for Kinky!

If every Texan on this board would do the same, there would be a firestorm.

BTW, Even non-Texans on this board are free to call their Texas friends and relatives to persuade them to vote for Kinky.

I should start a website www.BaptistsforKinky.com :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

12. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Even republicans are sick of the idiot we have for governor now. Unfortunatly, while only about 30% of Texans want him re-elected, he has three opponents, and is likely to get the largest number of votes.

There is another republican (Strayhorn) running as an independent. Those republicans who don't approve of the corruption and moral climate of the present Administration ( Perry once called a television cameraman a truly filthy name, not realizing the camera was running) will probably vote for her.

13. Bro. James Reed

This is unfortunate because, regardless of what she says, Strayhorn has been a political insider in Austin for about 30 years now. I just don't trust her to make any real changes.

14. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

A political comentator on the radio valued Kerry's foopah at about $15 million in GOP ads. Irony is so much fun.

15. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I don't think the republicans will be able to buy this election. People are really fed up. If they had a halfway decent alternative to the GOP, all of those clowns would be looking for work.

16. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

My vote will cancel out yours Terry. So should we just agree not to vote?

17. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

We'll keep both houses, but not by much. I don't know of a good Republican for POTUS in '08' though, if Allen doesn't get by these attackers.

18. Bro. James Reed

Terry is in Texas. On a statewide scale, a vote for a Democrat will not really mean much. At this point, every single statewide office is held by a Republican.

It would be nice if Terry would join many of us and support Kinky for Governor. Do away with both parties. What do you say, Terry?:thumbs:

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have no idea who Kinky from Texas is, but if it means getting rid of both parties, a hardy amen.

20. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

"Voting for Kinky" could be interpreted by some people as re-electing republican congressmen.