1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the U.S. an Empire in Denial?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I am not sure you understand what my premise is, especially when you say "Here are some snips from a speech she recently gave on the Senate floor, complete with cases and stats." Notice how you use the exact same word I did, and then notice how she used the exact same word that I did.

You are proving my point, that until "recently" the focus was not on terrorism. THe article you cite proves my point. Notice how she refers to recent events--two last July and one last June. Notice how many time she refers to "recently" in her speech ... and then note that she is confirming what I said.

Until recently, the issue with immigration was not on terrorism, but on jobs. You are right that after 9/11/01 the borders should have been closed. That is a "recent" time. The illegal problem has been around for many many years, and until recently, the discussion was about jobs, not terrorism.

Secondly, note that I also said something about "this forum." As I recall, most of hte posts in this forum have been about jobs and the economic situation with illegals, not about terrorism.

But thanks for the complement. Most people don't call me a rocket science, and I am certainly humbled that you have recognized my insight ... :D

Seriously though, your comments from Hutchinson prove my point. Until recently (the last five years or so) the illegal issue was about jobs, and still is for most.

BTW, the situation you reference in Detroit happened just several miles from here, as I recall. I remember it well.