1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the unborn child alive?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Mar 7, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

So true Judith. I recall scientists saying that the first Mar's Rover which had only a ground level view of the Mar's terrain showed there was evidence of a world wide flood yet they deny that occurred on earth, I believe simply because the Bible teaches it.

2. OldRegular

I believe you state it well Judith!

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romney is not a good example for your case because, as you know, he is not a Christian. Nor is Romney a good example of Mormon thinking which is fully represented by Dingy Harry Reid.

Nor do I understand why you say that Christians should not use Scripture. Why should I care if the non-Christian is offended by Scripture?

Finally, I wonder what you call those who believe in abortion in the cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother (now almost medically non-existent)? You claim the title of anti-abortion for yourself exclusively so you must have a name for those who disagree with you although I shudder to think what it might be since I imagine that it may be quite derogatory.

4. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who gives a care if abortion supporters mock God's people? If I am mocked for proclaiming God's truth then so be it. I am blessed Jesus said. God knew me and my days before I was knitted together in the womb. He saw my UNFORMED substance. You, too.

How is that fodder for mockery? How does that lose the battle? Are you ashamed to be fearfully and wonderfully made? Are you ashamed to let God's word speak for itself?

My wife and I have been involved in pro-life activities since she miscarried our second child 30+ years ago. Never once, in thousands of engagements, have I had someone respond to that verse by mocking me or the Word. You, ironically, would be the first. Oy vey!

5. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are those who identify as pro-choice, but still prefer to think of abortion as a last resort or at least not ideal.
    Most people are actually somewhere between pro-life and pro-choice, at least if you think of these terms asking the lines of "abortion is never okay" and "abortion is always okay". I am very pro-life, but there are some very few and unlikely cases in which I would see abortion as an option. (Not for myself, but lawfully speaking.)

6. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's correct as far as I'm concerned. What about murder of those that have been born? Do you support doing that in the name of furthering America's control over the rest of the world in meaningless wars like Viet Nam, Afghanistan and Iraq? What about capital punishment? Abortion is just a part of the larger Christian principle of the sanctity of life. Are you against the murder of the unborn but in favor of the murder of the born?

7. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't support meaningless wars, although war is a necessary evil sometimes.
    I find no moral dilemma with capital punishment. I'd rather have a murderer who has no intention of stopping dead and gone so he's not a threat anymore than I would having him in a prison cell for life being fed and clothed with taxpayer's money. But, the reason I'm not in favor of the death penalty is because, for whatever reason, it's been ineffective in the US in recent times and ends up costing the state much more moneythan it should.

8. OldRegular

You are incorrect as has been shown.
    Obama was in favor of denying medical care to those born alive after a failed attempted abortion.
    Obama bragged he was good at killing people!

Those who commit certain crimes should be put to death such as the cop killer {Mumia Abu-Jamal } in Philadelphia and the abortionist {Kermit Gosnell} recently convicted in Philadelphia!

That is the same stupid argument that Crabby makes!

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When someone like this distracts from the issue at hand like has been done in this post what does that tell you?

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes I wonder just how close CTB and FTW are....

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.....................

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There there's a twisted statement right there.

13. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see....

....I know that each little sperm is alive ... and the egg or ova is a living reproductive cell, and when these two meet up, it is the beginning of a brand new life. So, YES! The fetus is ALIVE!

Or to quote a line from Young Frankenstien, "It's alive!"

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - The egg cell is the female haploid reproductive cell (gamete) in oogamous organisms. The egg cell is typically not capable of active movement, and it is much larger than the motile sperm cells. When egg and sperm fuse, a diploid cell (the zygote) is formed, which gradually grows into a new organism.

I consider the act of one sperm fertilizing one Ova to be the greatest miracle in the human life cycle! It is where everything that God created for man and woman to do when He told them to go and populate the world was all about! He made us to reproduce. And that is the essence of life continuing in his creation! A miracle of awesome standards!

14. OldRegular

Guess what some good baptists on this bb would have done! I don't have to guess! They would "Kill this baby"!

15. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you! We have had at least one person say that the unborn child is not alive and therefore abortion is not murder. Such a view is unscientific, of course. You would think that everyone would know who that person is and what that person says in contradiction of science.

16. OldRegular

It has been a recognized medical fact that life begins at conception. The pro-abortion crowd have for years tried to create doubt in peoples mind regarding this truth. What is really sad is that professing Christians have abortions and support this travesty that has resulted in the slaughter of over 56 million unborn children since Roe v Wade. It is my opinion that God will not allow this holocaust to go unpunished.

I am sure there are Christians who have ignorantly had abortions and supported that means of terminating life. However, in recent years there has been sufficient information published to remove any doubt from those who care. I do not understand how anyone who claims to be a Christian can continue to support this slaughter of the unborn child. Frankly I sometimes wonder if these people have really experienced the Grace of God.

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

Even closer than merely "two peas in a pod," perhaps?

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If it's growing it's alive.
    If it's got to be killed, as rev said, it's alive.

19. OldRegular

And the unborn child grows from a tiny fertilized egg to become like us unless murdered in the womb.