1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is The Voice Bible Version The Anti-Christ?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Hark, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had posted "Is that what you are doing, coming short of calling me vile name, but attacking me personally?"

I have acknowledged that you are not calling me names, but you are attacking me personally at my expense by saying I do not know what I am talking about and rolling eyes and such.

You do that all the time when teaching or correcting others? Is it necessary to give correction at the expense of others' mistake? I know a lot of teachers that give corrections without shaming the students in the class. They have more love for their students than you have for the body of Christ, because you did not even bother to give the correction earlier.

And for that, a debasement is in order without giving any correction at all which is exactly what you did earlier.

The Greek text "pneuma" as in the Greek text "for" pneuma, regardless of the source document, is still going to be pneuma.

Your debasement without any correction from earlier posts appears as if you were straining at the gnat for the purpose of derailing the discussion.

So my lack of clarity in the use of the phrase "Greek text pneuma" throws off my whole point of referring to pneuma which was about the many definitions for pneuma was the point I was trying to make about defining a word by how it is used in the verse? I don't think so, but apparently, it was a problem for you in following the discussion.

Some teachers are like that, because they are perfectionists.

I apologize for upsetting you. I stand corrected. And I forgive you for the needless debasement.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not an "attack" when you actually don't know what you are talking about.
    Yes. That is what correction does. It exposes your lack of knowledge in that venue and, hopefully, produces a desire to study and learn before expressing monumentally uninformed and ignorant opinions.
    The shame is yours for trying to defend your mistake rather than accepting the correction.
    Uh, yes, I did correct you. And, other than our exchanges on this forum you don't know me and know nothing at all about me or my love for the brethren.
    And now you continue to confuse a word with a text. One more time: they are not the same thing.
    Yes. Your error is a strong indicator of your overall ignorance on the subject you are trying to claim expertise in.
    1. You didn't upset me. 2. I am glad you have accepted the correction (although what you say above seems to indicate you are still laboring under the false idea that a word and a text are the same thing). 3. Correcting error is never needless. Error is anti-truth. And Christ is "the way, the truth, and the life." To have little regard for the truth is to have little regard for the Lord Jesus Christ.

3. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you correct a child for saying 2 + 2 = 5 by just pointing out his error by saying, "no, 2 + 2 + 4" without judgment on the person's lack of knowledge by saying, you do not know what you are talking about?

You do seem to go on from that mistake that a child could make and say that everything the child had done like 1 + 1 = 2 and 1 + 2 = 3 is not validated now because of that one mistake of 2 + 2 + 5.

No. You did not. If you had, you would not bother to give the correction later. All you did was blow me away.

I have seen some of your replies just by visiting your profile page. So you are right. By your replies of attacking the poster without just sticking to the topic by giving your correction to the topic, no one can see your love for the brethren.

Actually, you are the one that said I was claiming expertise in. You are the one that said I came across as someone that I knew what I was talking about. I never made such claims. You are the only one claiming to know what you are talking about. So what does that say about you?

My point was not about the Greek text but about pneuma in how it has a variety of definitions:

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/STRGRK41.htm#S4151

And so the definition of pneuma can only be defined by how it is used in the verse.

Therefore since how it is used in the verse defines "pneuma", then obviously Biblical scholars and concordance falls short with "christos" as meaning anointed and Messiah when 1 John 2:22-23 has denying Jesus as the Christ as meaning the same thing as denying the Father at the same time. Is the Father the Anointed also? Who anointed the Father? Is the Father the Messiah also? Is the Father the King of kings also? No to all of those things. Therefore Christ can only be referring to deity. To deny Jesus is the Christ is to deny Jesus is God, and that is the only way they can deny the Father at the same time.

But you want to skip around the direction I was going with pneuma and say because I used the phrase "Greek text" instead of "Greek word", that invalidates the entire thread.

You do seem to go on from that mistake that a child could make and say that everything the child had done like 1 + 1 = 2 and 1 + 2 = 3 is not validated now because of that one mistake of 2 + 2 + 5.

Heaven forbid if you ever make a mistake as if that invalidates everything you shared in that thread.

And there you have it. More personal attack than ever before. A down right condemnation. That is needless. Did you see the topic in a question mark? Heaven forbid anyone asking a question in this forum that crosses your path.

You are the one making a big deal about my use of the term Greek text and Greek word. How is that voiding faith in Jesus Christ? How is that steering people from the truth in Jesus Christ?

To have no love for the little ones that Jesus said are those that have gone astray, is to do so unto Jesus, brother. You did that with your outright condemnation.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

You had asked earlier about proof of the people behind the Voice was using Anointed One as referring to Jesus as King only and I had quoted the preface twice to you to prove they were denying His deity when 1 John 2:22-23 was a warning against those who deny His deity.

You are the one not hearing me about how you are to address the topic and not the poster. You fail to see yourself as attacking the poster.

As if everybody you corrected includes a rant about how they know nothing about the matter. Did you debase the other poster in this thread when you had corrected him? No. You did not. All you did was correct him. Would you give him the same condemnation as you did me if he did not understand transliteration to be corrected? Think about it.

Since no one else is correcting you, the Lord will have to help me to withdraw from replying to you any more as you have still avoided the topic of this thread at my expense.

4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    2+2+4= 8. We have found something else you just don't understand! LOL!

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your inability to see clearly does not mean something does not exist. May I suggest you remove the beam from your eye? That might help you attain some small measure of clarity of vision. :)

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You presumed to talk about something you know nothing about.

My dad used to say, "When you don't know what you are talking about, it is a good time to keep silent." Good advice. :)

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Equals 9. You still can't seem to get it right! :)

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only in your fevered imagination.

9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you just make this stuff up as you go alone?

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He corrected his error. You denied your error and made the same error again!

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proverbs 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels.

Proverbs 8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.