1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there a bible translation that you will not recommend?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by David J, Oct 13, 2004.

1. manchester

manchester New Member

Is it okay to state that the NWT is not the Word of God? Is it okay to say ANY translation is not the Word of God, except for the KJV?

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You falsely answered here. That is misleading and mis-information! Not 11 MSS! 5210 MSS (99%) of 5255 MSS favored the KJV; 45 MSS (1%) of 5255 MSS favored these MVs. I researched on the textual criticism for about 15 yrs. I found the evidences disagreeing with your false comments above. I examined the Scriptures and found the factual documents saying the KJV is right and MVs are wrong.

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

The NWT followed the W-H text; MVs followed the W-H text. Are they the Word of God? That is serious question because we know the NWT is the cult bible.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The NWT followed the W-H text; MVs followed the W-H text. Are they the Word of God? That is serious question because we know the NWT is the cult bible. </font>[/QUOTE]You know that is not the truth. Just look at Jn 1:1.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You falsely answered here. That is misleading and mis-information! Not 11 MSS! 5210 MSS (99%) of 5255 MSS favored the KJV; 45 MSS (1%) of 5255 MSS favored these MVs. I researched on the textual criticism for about 15 yrs. I found the evidences disagreeing with your false comments above. I examined the Scriptures and found the factual documents saying the KJV is right and MVs are wrong. </font>[/QUOTE]So you are saying that they had over 5000 manuscripts available when they translated the KJV in 1611? If they did why did they go back into the Vulgate?

Do you like lying with statistics.Give the whole truth. It is about the same number that favor the NA 27 and UBS 4 too. In 99 percent of the texts they agree with the MV's and KJV's. So what are you trying to prove?

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You falsely answered here. That is misleading and mis-information! Not 11 MSS! 5210 MSS (99%) of 5255 MSS favored the KJV; 45 MSS (1%) of 5255 MSS favored these MVs. I researched on the textual criticism for about 15 yrs. I found the evidences disagreeing with your false comments above. I examined the Scriptures and found the factual documents saying the KJV is right and MVs are wrong. </font>[/QUOTE]You must be an incredible textual critic to be able to date the manuscripts you saw personally and critique them for internal and external evidence classifying them. You must know Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic and Latin quite well. Where did you learn such things? Where is your name on some of the work you have done. I would like to take a look at it. You sound a lot like W.F. Albright.

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I agree with you, DeafPosttrib.
    You are WRONG! DeafPosttrib, modern versions affected any doctrines of the Bible. They omitted IMPORTANT names of our Lord Jesus Christ in the New Testament alone 200 times!
    Absolutely yes, please understand that preacher preaches or teaches the doctrines by using their MVs slightly. Be careful when you listen what they preach/teach by using modern versions dues to wrong purpose. At the deaf church where I visited, I listened with my KJV to a deaf preacher preaching by using different Bible version. He used "verse with verse" (expository preaching) introducting to what he preached. I looked up the KJV and found one verse comparing to other verse in the KJV, but this deaf preacher used the NIV (I think, but I am not sure). I noticed what he said according to the verses in NIV. The NIV agreed with his preaching, but the KJV disagreed with his preaching. See the difference between NIV and KJV.
    I have interesting information about JW bible. I learn the JW bible is similar to NIV. I compared list of many verses between the JW bible and NIV and found 50 verses according to the information, but I think more than 50 verses. Compare the similarity between JW and NIV because JW bible followed the W-H text and NIV followed the W-H text.
    I agree with you!
    No, look up my answer above.

8. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Askjo,

I know it is 4:15 a.m. It is very late for me to make post. I am supposed to sleep over a hour ago. But I am not able to, because my back bothers me painful so bad, that's why I still awake. Also, I having habit to stay awake all night because of my 3rd shift job.

You say:

Ok, I do have several different versions in my library. Let's look in New International Version on Romans 10:9, it says, "That if you confess with your moth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Is there a big difference between NIV and KJV on Romans 10:9? Does, NIV deny that Jesus Christ is the Lord?

Also, let's look in Today's English Version in Romans 10:9, it says, "If you confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised him from death, you will be saved." Is there a big difference between TEV and KJV on Romans 10:9? No. Does TEV deny Jesus is the Lord?

Also, let's look in TEV on John 3:16, it says, "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life." Is there a serious doctrine of TEV on John 3:16? I do not see there is a serious doctrine in NIV on John 3:16. The doctrine of TEV on John 3:16 is same as KJV does.

Let's look in NIV on John 3:16, it says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Is there a serious doctrine in NIV on John 3:16?

Is there a big difference between TEV, NIV with KJV on John 3:16? No. All of three versions telling the same doctrine on John 3:16.

Often, KJVOnlylists saying different versions include NIV omit word, 'blood'. They might be correct. Yes, there are many words are not find in any versions. KJV do have EVERY words (according what KJVO saying).

Does NIV deny the blood of Christ forgive our sins?

How about Romans 5:9 in NIV?

NIV of Romans 5:9 says, "Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!"

Is there any serious problem with NIV on Romans 5:9?

Is there difference doctrine between NIV and KJV on Romans 5:9?

KJVO people have to be opening their mind, and listen to people who use any versions, they would telling to KJVO that their versions do have the same doctrine as KJV does.

My old deaf Christian friend who is now in the heaven. She used to attend Independent Fundamental Baptist church. That church is KJVO. I visited her house, I was amazing at her library, she have TON of different versions. She told me, when she was in her early Christian life, she always reading through whole NIV from Genesis to Revelation comepletely in average one to two years. She impressed me. She was actually love the Lord so much. Even, she LOVED to reading Bible. She does not realized that NIV have errors. One day, a Sunday school teacher(deaf leader of deaf ministry is a strongly KJVO). He told her, that she being demand to use KJV all the times, not reading NIV. So, she accepted what he saying. But, she told me, NIV helped her so lot before she start to read KJV, because she understand NIV with doctrines very clear. In fact, she did reading through whole KJV from Genesis to Revelationcomepled several times before her death.

You saying, you listened to a deaf pastor preaching from NIV by verse to verse. He preaching the same as what NIV saying, but conflict with KJV.

Well, I am now attending Community Evangelical Church. That church was used to attend Highland Park Baptist Church(in Southfield, MI.), but they left that church because of disagree with the deacons, the way what they treated with pastor. Anyway, often, I listened to a new pastor preached from his Bible during services, he used ASV, he did preached on verse to verse. I have no problem with him, I always use KJV all the times while listening him preaching. He preaching from ASV does not bother me long as he preaching the same doctrines as what KJV saying.

I think many KJVO seems have their narrow mind, not willing to opening their eyes and listening to people what they saying about their versions, what they have reading through, they would saying their modern have the same doctrines as KJV does.

In fact, I have seen KJVO always criticizing on people who reading different versions, they might saying to them, that they reading the corrupt words. They have to be careful what they saying toward their own brothers and sisters in Christ.

So, the easy thing for me to saying, there are three books that I do not recommend them to read Jehovah Witness' New World Translation, Book of Mormon, and Koran too.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

9. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Absolutely yes, please understand that preacher preaches or teaches the doctrines by using their MVs slightly. Be careful when you listen what they preach/teach by using modern versions dues to wrong purpose. At the deaf church where I visited, I listened with my KJV to a deaf preacher preaching by using different Bible version. He used "verse with verse" (expository preaching) introducting to what he preached. I looked up the KJV and found one verse comparing to other verse in the KJV, but this deaf preacher used the NIV (I think, but I am not sure). I noticed what he said according to the verses in NIV. The NIV agreed with his preaching, but the KJV disagreed with his preaching. See the difference between NIV and KJV.

Yes, I understand what you are saying is happening or could happen, is indeed happening Askjo, as I myself witnessed this, due to multiple version usage and omittions in them. This is very dangerous. Amen!! and thank you that you care enouph to warn others about this, and share your testimony of it. Thank you Askjo.

May the Lord richly bless you.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

10. michelle

michelle New Member

Also, let's look in TEV on John 3:16, it says, "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life." Is there a serious doctrine of TEV on John 3:16? I do not see there is a serious doctrine in NIV on John 3:16. The doctrine of TEV on John 3:16 is same as KJV does.

Let's look in NIV on John 3:16, it says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Is there a serious doctrine in NIV on John 3:16?

Yes. "Begotten" is missing, to which is a very important word, denoting the deity of Jesus Christ and separates him from ANY OTHER MAN.

michelle

11. michelle

michelle New Member

Does NIV deny the blood of Christ forgive our sins?

How about Romans 5:9 in NIV?

NIV of Romans 5:9 says, "Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!"

Is there any serious problem with NIV on Romans 5:9?

Is there difference doctrine between NIV and KJV on Romans 5:9?

Maybe it isn't deleted from that verse, but it has been deleted in others, to which can be dangerous, as the scriptures, should not be omitted from period. It weakens the testimony that God has given us. The scriptures say:

Deut. 17

6. At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
    7. The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.

Deut. 19

15. One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
    16. If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
    17. Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
    18. And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
    19. Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.

Matthew 18

14. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
    15. Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
    16. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
    17. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

2 Corinthians 13

1. This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
    2. I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:
    3. Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

1 Tim. 5

17. Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
    18. For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
    19. Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

Hebrews 10

26. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    28. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    29. Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    30. For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    31. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

God has made it quite clear, that if we are to establish things out of the mouth of two or three witnesses, why then would he not give us what He requires of us with others?

michelle

12. michelle

michelle New Member

I think many KJVO seems have their narrow mind, not willing to opening their eyes and listening to people what they saying about their versions, what they have reading through, they would saying their modern have the same doctrines as KJV does.

Interesting you say this, for the Lord has said this:

Matthew 7

12. Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
    13. Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it
    15. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17. Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    25. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
    28. And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
    29. For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

1 Cor. 2

9. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
    13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
    16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

I listen to the Lord, not people.

michelle

13. michelle

michelle New Member

---------------------------------------------------In fact, I have seen KJVO always criticizing on people who reading different versions, they might saying to them, that they reading the corrupt words. They have to be careful what they saying toward their own brothers and sisters in Christ.

As the Lord has also said this:

2 Tim. 3

12. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
    13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
    14. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
    15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

2 Corinthians 2

1. But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.
    2. For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?
    3. And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.
    4. For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.
    5. But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.
    6. Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
    7. So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
    8. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.
    9. For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.
    10. To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
    11. Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
    12. Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,
    13. I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.
    14. Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
    15. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
    16. To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?
    17. For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

It is in truth and love, that many share the truth with them, and many cannot swallow it, and find this unloving and abrasive and critical. But the truth does hurt. Truth and love is not compromise.

michelle

14. KJVBibleThumper

KJVBibleThumper New Member

Good points michelle. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both the Living Bible and New Living Bible are paraphrases. Now while I know SOME paraphrasing is necessary for the translations of certain words or phrases to make sense in English, I don't like paraphrasing where NOT necessary. Not to mention the outright scatology found in 1 Samuel 20:30 in the first LB.(I understand the current LB has changed the wording) The fact that the scatology is there speaks volumes to me about the translators!

Yes, I know the KJV contains several references about the product of the kidneys and the act of eliminating it from one's body, but we must remember that word eas in everyday use in AV times.

16. michelle

michelle New Member

Good points michelle.

Thanks KJVThumper! I was horrified last Sunday, when my Bible class teacher tried to separate truth and love, by saying we need to find the "balance" between them. The problem with this belief and teaching, is that one cannot be separated from the other. If Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life, and the words of God are the truth, and God is love, and Jesus Christ is God, then the two go together, not separately, and do not need to be balanced out. This seemed to me, to be teaching how to compromise and that we should compromise.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

17. David J

David J New Member

Mods please close this thread. It has been hijacked by KJVO lies and distortions.

I do not condemn translations based on myths. I was seeking facts here and not KJVO lies.

Thank you.

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with you, but don't get too horrified. Did you share with your Bible teacher what you just shared with us? If not, then you do not love that person enough to correct him. We are neither part of the problem nor part of the solution so that is gossip as well.You did not ask for advive but rather complianed and expreseed your opinion. All we have to do is to take the log out of our own eye first. Then we have reason to judge. The truth is that we must examine ourselves and judge ourselves rightly first. Everyone of us are at different points on the path God has given us. That is the reason why we need the body.

Sometime read Philemon and see how many positive points he brings up before interjecting a negative.

19. michelle

michelle New Member

I agree with you, but don't get too horrified. Did you share with your Bible teacher what you just shared with us? If not, then you do not love that person enough to correct him. We are neither part of the problem nor part of the solution so that is gossip as well.You did not ask for advive but rather complianed and expreseed your opinion. All we have to do is to take the log out of our own eye first. Then we have reason to judge. The truth is that we must examine ourselves and judge ourselves rightly first. Everyone of us are at different points on the path God has given us. That is the reason why we need the body.

I was in no way trying to gossip, nor was I complaining. I was making a point using an example. I did not say anything personally about the teacher, nor did I name names, etc, except that I was horrified at what was said/ being taught and disagreed with what was being taught because of what the scriptures say, and my impression of what was meant by it. Yes, you are right that I should approach him on this, but my bringing it up here, was only to show my point I was making about truth and love. Not to gossip about someone else. I love this particular man, and have no ill feelings toward him whatsoever, nor am I judging him. Only testing what he has taught in line with the scriptures. And yes, I will talk with him about it, as the Lord leads me to. Thank you for your advice on that, but I wasn't looking for advice by bringing it up.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

20. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Did I ever get an answer on the negatives of the Living Translation? Sorry, but didn't have time to read through all of the LOONGGG posts.

If an answer was posted, just tell me what page it was on, I'll find it. If not, could I get an answer, THX.