1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there a difference?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In another thread about a pastor endorsing McCain, the subkect was brought up that the reason these pastors endorse the Republician candidate was to force the Supreme court to review the constitutionally of a pastor being prohibited from endorsing a candidate, as was ruled years ago.

Some say these pastors are breaking the law, and I suppose some think they should be arrested.

Likewise some 53 years ago, a young Rosa Parks sat in the front seat of a public bus. That was illegal. But... everything changed.

Would you say these two events have a similar theme?

Salty

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Legally, they may be similar. Otherwise, they are not. Pastors are to preach the Word of God, not partisan politics.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose there were pastors who were preaching that racism/segregation was unbiblical.

Any correlation there?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. That was not partisan politics. Racism is unChristian.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So is supporting the slaughter of unborn children and even those born due to failed abortions. And supporting racist organizations like Planned Parenthood.

6. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I don't discuss politics in the church, I think too highly of my friends in the church to risk any division amongst us. Do I talk politics outside the curch? You Betcha! And I would hope that Pastors would have that same mutual respect to speak of their opinions of politics and promote their politics outside the church.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with that. I do not think that a preacher from the pulpit should ever advocate anyone getting an abortion.