1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there a retitle suggestion for Calvinism and Arminianism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, the other day I critiqued Roman Catholics for being "Christ Plus" (Baptism, Confirmation, Holy Eucharist etc) for their salvation theology. As for me, my faith insists that salvation is by grace alone(sola gratia) but the only way thing that can replace salvation by grace alone is salvation by "Grace Plus" human effort. Hmmmmm.....:(

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quit yer whining. I offered you all a title. If the shoe fits wear it, if not I'm really curious as to why it doesn't fit. I'm not asking you to defend your doctrine.

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The enormous amounts of thread posts in support of the Arminian view shows the exact statement, as I posted it, is factual.

Arminians have consistently stated that in effect God is impotent. That until man decides to activate their own self-generated faith and of their own free will and by their own free choice to accept or reject salvation a person is not saved. No wonder the ultimate end is no real eternal security and easy believism.

There is not one place in the Arminian view as posted on the bb for God to be the author and finisher as the scriptures teach, the provider of the faith as the scriptures teach, and the instigator of regeneration that allows the person to even be aware and capable of true Godly sorrow as the scriptures teach.

However you might brand the Calvinistic thinking, at least there is no lack of Scriptural support in both the original and the English languages, and it doesn't ignore the context of the verses.

I don't know how many times I have seen others having to correct an Arminian post because the supporter of the Arminian view stripped the context away and considered the verse would support the thinking.

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brand it for what it is, or not??? You didn't answer the question.

Again,
    The Op asks for title, I think the one I offered accurately describes your view, if not, why not? Simply tell me what is inaccurate about the title I offered.

#64 Benjamin, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure....as long as you promise to take a long walk off a short pier..:tongue3: I personally view your groups perspective as anthropocentric vs our theocentric prospective.

#65 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 11, 2012
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SPOT ON!:thumbs:

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care what you think of my view, that is not the point of the tread. Seems you all are trying to avoid a simple a question here with a bunch of rhetoric. Hmmmm lol.

If you forgot the question, post #64

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

If they would man up, they'd note that their theology is akin to Copelands. God, according to his theology, and theirs is a helpless being until man let's Him in by faith.

Arminianism/non-cal theologies all exalt man, regardless if the resident arminian starts threads in a feeble attempt to say it's Cals who do so.

There is absolutely zero evidence "cals" exalt man, and more than ample proof proving the arms/non-cals do, even if they categorically deny it. The evidence is as the bleating of the sheep which Saul took.

#68 preacher4truth, Jan 11, 2012
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not the question....its you and your attitude that I find offensive, all you do is attack....ah, so I will just block you from now on.

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, its not about what you see wrong with my view or what I see wrong with yours. Do you have an answer to the question of how the title I offered is a true statement or not? Or are you now trying to replace your whining with personal attacks and pom poms?

11. preacher4truth

...which is 100% accurate.

I've not witnessed an arminian or non-cal on here fight for the Glory of God as they do for the choice of man, or for man himself, period. Something is amiss with them.

12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you's rather be an Ostrich that have to answer that question. I understand.

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not the point of the tread nor does it answer my question. My, look at the avoidance of such a simple question and the tactics being used to do it!

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea ie,. even though God's grace is attractive and persuasive, its not powerful enough to triumph over those who stubbornly resist His love (that would have been me before being Born Again) ..... according to them I am assigned to hell....... :laugh:

15. preacher4truth

Ben, you've to date not presented any theological evidence to support your man exalting theology. You and Copeland share the same theories and theological end: man. So do the balance of those within arminian and non-cal theologies.

Why should I care? You've been warned and admonished well beyond the Biblical mandate.

Carry on, but not by blessing.

16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you'd man up you'd stop with all the childish personal attacks trying to turn every debate you can't handle into a smokescreen of a personal slugfest and simply answer the question, post #64.

17. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off topic whining...

Horse laugh-Ostrich approach I guess.

#77 Benjamin, Jan 11, 2012
  18. preacher4truth

There you go proving you've lost with your pejoratives.

One more time: Your theology doesn't differ from Copelands. He, as well as you, render God incapable and unable to do a thing until man exercises faith within your theological framework.

But go ahead, pretend truth is a smokesreen and slugfest, then call those who show you truth names as you do, which is a work of the flesh. Afterall, you have behaved this way up until this point, so why not continue on the same path?

19. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure I did, you just didn't like the answer.

Which is why you filled in the answer with "blah, blah, blah..." rather than addressing where the answer that you obviously didn't like was wrong.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes however if you recall my earlier post about church service in 1905....those good people were fighting this "race to humanism" then so it isnt "New"

but the good news is..... My wife is now embracing Salvation / Doctrine of Grace Theology. She announced it last evening & my heart leapt for joy. 1st my brother & now her. :godisgood:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.