1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is there such a thing as a born-again homosexual?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 21, 2013.

?
  1. Yes, it is their perogative! (explain)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Absolutely not! (explain)

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Who would it hurt? (explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Once born-again, you are a new creation in Jesus

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  5. It would be a witness to the homosexual community (explain)

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. It gives God a black-eye (explain)

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. It is not Scriptural (please explain)

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  8. It is strictly up to the person (explain)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. I see no harm in doing this (explain)

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. As long as they stop the sin, what's the problem? (explain)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You nailed that one Aaron:thumbs:

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, for I am a straight man, and see myself as not white/straight/married/husband/father, which I am, but as a Christian! who happens to be all those other things!

3. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your poll and OP question are miles apart. The OP answer is no. 1Cor. 6
    Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality

To your op question the answer is no also. However I know many people who claim to be saved and call themselves non practicing alcoholics which is also wrong. The correct termonology should be we used to be such and such.

"And such were some of you"

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judy, Judy, Judy!

I sincerely appreciate your view and feedback! Shalom! :wavey:

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I concur.

_____

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

10 A person who follows all of God’s law but fails to obey even one command is guilty of breaking all the commands in that law. 11 The same God who said, “You must not be guilty of adultery,” also said, “You must not murder anyone.”So if you do not take part in adultery but you murder someone, you are guilty of breaking all of God’s law. 12 In everything you say and do, remember that you will be judged by the law that makes people free. 13 So you must show mercy to others, or God will not show mercy to you when he judges you. But the person who shows mercy can stand without fear at the judgment. James 2:10-13

Now if we could just get all you wonderful folks to line up for the same punishment for which you are EQUALLY due for your own sin, we'd be firing on all cylinders.:thumbs:

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your invitation to the government into your bedroom is as shocking as it is ridiculous nonsense.

I thought this was a conservative board where government intrusion into every aspect of our lives was strongly resisted, guess not. You get to go first when they start going around and checking!

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's conservative as long as you are in agreement with the majorities stance on their pet sins.

As the last election cycle showed, people are willing to "look the other way" on some things when they believe doing so will serve THEIR wants. Now if a strong libertarian or conservative rises up and picks up steam, and starts talking about individual liberty again, then the'll get onboard. :laugh:

#28 Zaac, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sin areas/besitting sins though were NOT addressed as deserving of physical death when commited, as Paul does describe such in Roamsn concerning unrepentant Homesexual behaviour!

Again, that is the ONLY sinful behaviour that many Christians, and churches, have called God a liar, and misinterpreted His views in His Word!

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Pure silliness. Your sin is just as much due a death sentence as is the sin of the homosexual offense. What part of "you break one, you've broken them all" are you not getting?:laugh:

Perhaps one of the reasons God stuck that lil tidbit in there is because HE didn't want folks to get to walking around with their chests poking out and their noses up in the air as though their sin didn't stink just like the next fella's sin.

I didn't ask you what individuals and churches said. According to Scripture we're all guilty of breaking ALL the commands of the law. So if we're looking for death for the homosexual offense, we might as well be willing to man up and jump in line for the same punishment for our equally vile breaking of ALL the commands of the law.

Or does ALL not mean ALL anymore?

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

How does that work when he will be light years ahead of you?

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured you Out!

....you don't exist. You are a figment of our imagination! You are some kind of computer program, stuck on the same message, spewing out the same old gobbely gook, time-after-time!

How can any one take you serious, when we already know that your have this boilerplate, rubber-stamp response! :laugh:

Oh, are you a LGBT sympathize; or a card carrying member of the LGBT and Rainbow Community Group? :wavey:

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL have sinned, ALL fallen short of the glory of God, ALL deserving and are already judged comdemned by God, ONLY hope is in Christ Jesus.

THAT refers to condition we face concerning state after death, eternal aspect of our lives, but paul saying active and promoting homosexuals deserve death now is same as Bible states for murder here and now!

You keep mixing up judgement for sins after death, to the judgement on sins done while still here and alive!

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Truth doesn't change.

I don't care what you take me as. Doesn't change the truth.

I'll check with Jesus and see how He feels about sympathizing with those whom the religious folks treated as though they were the worst of the worst sinners.

21st century tax collectors and lepers.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not mixing up anything. You think your sins aren't worthy of death NOW. You think the homosexual offender sins are due death NOW.

It's the utmost of hypocrisy. See I'm clear on it.

#35 Zaac, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  16. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I understand the point, but feel it would be unwise. homosexual sin is viewed differently in the U.S. than other sins.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Behind all this subterfuge is merely an attempt to legitimize sodomy. As this is tantamount to a confession to every sin and blasphemy under the sun on your part, upon what moral ground do you base your indignation against Zimmerman or anyone else you consider (whether true or not) a racist?

Where is your zealous defense of Zimmerman's, seeing that Trayvon's assault was, if his sister's testimony is to be believed, a gay bashing.

Why the indignatiom and judgment of anyone here, or any word or action?

Zaac: the BB paragon of hypocrisy. Admittedly guilty of every sin under the sun, but hating it only when seeing it in others.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:
    Please!:laugh:Stop!:laugh: I can't breathe!
    :laugh:

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]One of the funnier things I've read on this baord.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, NOT saying that gay people should be killed, just saying that the bible does state that both murderers and those active in promting and engaging homesexual behaviour with NO remorse/repentance/forsaking are worthy of being killed... But that they are NOT put to death, but does show us God sees those two acts as being somehow worse than other sins!

that is the Bible, God speakingm take it up with him!