1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is There Such A Thing As A Just War?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marcia, Feb 6, 2009.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Will everyone here take back the statement that voting for Obama means having the blood of millions of aborted babies on your hands?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't believe that anyone on this forum stated that "that voting for Obama means having the blood of millions of aborted babies on your hands". I and many others did say that O'bama was a rabid abortionist and that a vote for him was a vote for abortion.

Now that Justice Ginsberg has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer it is likely that O'bama will soon be appointing a new Justice. I had much rather McCain were making the appointment, even with a democrat Senate.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Sadly all those that voted for Obama have made it possible to appoint a judge that will legislate and not adjudicate.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

The derailleur has struck again. Just can't stay on subject can you?!

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Sadly you are correct.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Still having trouble focusing, can't stay on topic? The topic is war, not abortion.

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I said it It's true. I'm comfortable with Obama's choice o0f a jurist. By the way, I thought George Bush's appointment of John Roberts was an outstanding choice. It was probably the best thing Bush did as President.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

THE HYPOCRITE strikes again. Actually, I was answering Marcia's question. I suppose you would have i9gnored her.

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

JC, just answer Marcia's question without asking another question. For someone who bemoans how the Church has become too political and and an arm of the GOP, you are the biggest partisan political hack on this board, turning every thread into an anti-GOP, anti-Bush, anti-anti-Obama, or anti-Christians-who-do-not-line-up-with-your-political-views tirade. And need I mention how many threads you abandon when you are challenged, just like you can't or won't answer Marcia's question? You are the biggest hypocrite on this board, bar none.

10. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Is there a just war? I don't know. If I took it to a personal level, I feel justified defending my family, friends, neighborhood from threats. I guess that would apply on a national level.

JC has posted positions of several orginizations, but does it matter if the Southern baptist say it is just and the WCC says it is not? Do we take our guidance from them or scripture? As for me, I could care less what either groups says. It is a personal decision that has to be made. I can repect a decision either way.

JC...
    I don't want to let you off the hook on the acusation that troops are murdering Iraqi citizens. I asked before and ask again, what information do you base this on. Who have you spoken to that supports this statement? I think that is a fair question that deserves a fair answer. This is the third request for an answer.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Ah, but I have NEVER suggested that politics and religion be combined. That's the key point.

12. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Can they be seperate?

Can we seperate ANY aspect of our lives from our faith in Christ?

13. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

No, that's the nonsensical point, as gospelgeek pointed out. Our faith in Christ [should] permeate all areas of our life. Besides, you are the first to hammer people with Matthew 25 quotes to buttress your support for gov't welfare, and even your sig line appeals to Christ in making a political statement against war. More hypocrisy, unless you can cease from using any and all Bible references and appeals to "what would Jesus do" from your posts dealing with politics.

14. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

And we still await to your answers to post #14.

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I never said that.

16. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

JustChristian, since you are not answering the question, I can only assume you do believe fellow Christians fighting in Iraq are murderers, and are unwilling to take it back.

17. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Marcia... He has called my son and other soldies murderers several times. I have asked him for sources. He never responds. I have been polite, kind, and cordial. No response.

Not to derail the topic, but...

Many more innocent lives are taken in the US by automobiles than are taken in the war with Iraq. Does JC protest the use of automobiles? Why not?

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I've been trying to give him a chance to take this back, but so far, nothing.

19. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't think you understand. I'm saying that Christ's church should not endorse political parties or candidates. If you treat Democrats in your church or who are potential converts the way you do on the BB that distances half of this country from your church. Not the faith but your church.

Of course Christians need to apply their faith in every area of their life including politics.

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't believe that soldiers have a Christian right to kill the enemy and innocent people in an unjust war.