1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is There Such A Thing??

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Dec 14, 2003.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there such a thing as having sinned too much?

No, I'm not talking about reaching a "point of no return." I guess what I 'm refering to could be considered as a diminishing of return.

Can we all agree that if we engage in willing sin, it makes us feel good, at least while doing the deed. Of course afterward, that very same devil who tempted us to "give in to the pleasure" is the very same devil who will condemn us for giving in.

Anyway, I guess I'm wondering if there comes a point where one would just throw up their hands and say, "Why am I doing this? There's no longer any 'pleasure' in doing this." Having reached that point, would/could one stop doing whatever it is they were doing; to turn their back on that "pet sin?"

Just like with Joseph, could some good (no longer giving in to that sin) come out something meant for evil?

God Bless

Adam

2. ralb

ralb New Member

Isn't that part of the Holy Spirit's work in our lives? Some of us (mostly me) are more stubborn than others.....I am glad to see this question because I am struggling with this.....I keep repeating the same behavior over and over again. My issue is about focusing on people and circumstances that I have absolutely no control over when I should be paying closer attention to my own behavior (the log in my own eye). Every time I am seduced by a false sense of power and superiority over those I am judging and I get sicker and sicker of myself every time. It always ends up with me being angry and frustrated and nothing changing. And I get the same accusations and condemnation every time. I think I am finally reaping Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

I know that there are other passages that apply to this..

God has showed me especially in the last week that most of the things that I have accused others of are also true of me. I hope this will be the first step in real change in my attitude. I am truly tired of this.