1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this a case of religious discrimination?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Johnv, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Heheheh! Just keep praying for the person I mentioned. He needs the Lord.

2. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

I actually heard a Pastor say this recently and I quote:
    "I only like Bush for one reason.....He's killin' alot of Muslims".
    Whadayouthink? Is this where we are today and is this sentiment growing?
    Thanks -----Bart

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Except for the liking Bush part, I'd have to say yes, this is pretty much where we are today and, yes, the sentiment is growing.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

A pastor has no business saying something so abundant with ignorance.

5. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Muslims need to be saved, just like you and me. They need their eyes opened to the Truth. Its tough to do that when they're dead. I obviously don't approve of their religion or their methods, but most of them are not the fanatics that are often portrayed. I do not believe it is a peaceful religion by any stretch of the imagination either.

There are several outspoken Baptist preachers saying homosexuals and African Americans should be killed. Christianity is the only "religion" that seeks to convert people to the Truth. No wherein my Bible does it tell us to kill because people do not believe like I do.

Its sad. It doesn't make me ashamed to be a Christian, but it does cause me pain to think that someone would associate me with anybody like that.

6. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

There have always been ignorant people. I am not responsible for their actions or inability to see past the ends of their own noses.

Someone said once that if you want to change the world, start with self. So I do. I do not act like the card carrying, sheet wearing, apartment owner, and I dont fling myself in the opposite corner either. Life works itself out.