1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this a good poll?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Rubato 1, Feb 12, 2008.

?
  1. Yes, we need a discussion like this in Baptist circles

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. No, it only gives rise to dissention

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. No, we've had this discusion before, and everyone knows Pepsi is better

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Thirsty, anyone?

#1 Rubato 1, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Pepsi as a drink is ok but Coca Cola is better.
    I would not be alive today if it were not for Coca Cola. As a new born infant (according to my mother) I was not gaining weight. Nothing was helping, even mother. The Dr suggested that they should open a bottle of Coke and let it go flat then add some Kayro syrup and a vitamin tonic to the bottle. Sure enough it helped me to put on weight. Dec 26, 1989 I had an interview with Coca Cola and was hired on that day, my birthday. I am still a valued employee to this day.

Have you ever asked yourself why is it that every spokes person for Pepsi has had trouble with family values from Michael Jackson to Brittany Spears?

Pepsi's "Middle Finger" CFO To Become CEO
    Posted by Kevin
    Published: August 15, 2006 - 12:21 PM

Ordinarily the news that PepsiCo Chief Financial Officer and president Indra Nooyi will become the company's new CEO in October would hardly merit a mention here, but Nooyi was blogosphere fodder last year with a commencement address Columbia University. Nooyi is the Pepsi executive who ignited a bit of a blogstorm in 2005 by referring the the US as giving the "middle finger" to the rest of the world.

Here's the interesting portions of her May 15, 2005 commencement address at Columbia Business School Graduation [PDF]:

This analogy of the five fingers as the five major continents leaves the long, middle finger for North America, and, in particular, The United States. As the longest of the fingers, it really stands out. The middle finger anchors every function that the hand performs and is the key to all of the fingers working together efficiently and effectively. This is a really good thing, and has given the U.S. a leg-up in global business since the end of World War I.

However, if used inappropriately - just like the U.S. itself -- the middle finger can convey a negative message and get us in trouble. You know what I'm talking about. In fact, I suspect you're hoping that I'll demonstrate what I mean. And trust me, I'm not looking for volunteers to model.

Discretion being the better part of valor - I think I'll pass.

What is most crucial to my analogy of the five fingers as the five major continents, is that each of us in the U.S. - the long middle finger - must be careful that when we extend our arm in either a business or political sense, we take pains to assure we are giving a hand ... not the finger. Sometimes this is very difficult. Because the U.S. - the middle finger - sticks out so much, we can send the wrong message unintentionally.

Unfortunately, I think this is how the rest of the world looks at the U.S. right now. Not as part of the hand - giving strength and purpose to the rest of the fingers - but, instead, scratching our nose and sending a far different signal.

...So, remember, when you extend your arm to colleagues and peoples from other countries, make sure that you're giving a hand - not the finger. You will help your country, your company, and yourself, more than you will ever know.

Nooyi's "clarification" is gone from the Pepsi site, but as I recall she maintained that her analogy was misconstrued.

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2006/08/15/pepsis-middle-finger-cfo-to-be.php

Maybe just maybe it comes from the top down?

#2 Palatka51, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  3. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

No, we've had this discussion before, and everyone knows Coke is better.

[​IMG]

:smilewinkgrin: :tongue3:

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You've got it Toyota.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical of you liberals and :tonofbricks: neo-cons, you just wont give the so called under-dog a chance at media coverage. You see W-Soda is a purest, believes in the simple things - a real conservative -
    http://www.chowhound.com/topics/458579 then scroll down to the statement posted at 441 pm (DEC 2 )

Salty

ps you are not throwing away your vote away when you cast it for W-cola!:thumbs:

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Amen! Especially Coke Zero!:thumbs:

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I vote for Pepsi. Coke has a sticky aftertaste I don't care for. I like your story, though, Palatka. Before I read that, I thought Coke was only good for cleaning car windshields. Now I know there's a second use for it.:D

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Water is best silly.

9. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

Give me a Sprite and I will be happy! After all, it is, merely a personal choice, is it not?

10. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

So. Are we supposed to thank Coke for this? Or is this proof that Pepsi is better? :laugh:

Actually, I have found that coke drinkers normally cannot tell a big difference between Coke and Pepsi, but to Pepsi drinkers it is is like night and day. Coke has that almost bitter after-taste, while Pepsi is sweet the whole way through. After drinking Pepsi for a while, you can really taste the caramel in Coke, and I don't really like it.

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Actually I thank God for Coca Cola. I think that the city of Atlanta, GA does too. Less than 20 years after the civil war Atlanta still bore the marks of Sherman's march. Coca Cola in the 1880's helped Atlanta become the modern metropolitan city that it is today. Pepsi's upper management doesn't seem to care about it's American roots.

Are you implying that I am abnormal? Because I can tell the difference. :tongue3:
    Before I started with Coke I worked for a company that had a contract with Pepsi. Pepsi had a machine in the break room. Then one year Coke got the contract and they came in and removed the Pepsi machine. I wrote a letter to management in protest. They took my Pepsi machine away. Well after awhile I got very used to drinking Coca Cola. I never thought at the time that I'd be working for Coke by '89. When I was hired by Coke my mother told me the above story in my first post.

Sad, isn't it?

12. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Coke is better. Nothing else cleans my car's engine better, or melt the ice off the sidewalk. Oh, did you mean to drink?

love,

Sopranette

13. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Uhh, well, you poor uninformed things!

Everyone knows RC Cola is the best! :rolleyes:

Pass the Moon Pies!

Speaking of Moon Pies, the local Wally world store has them in boxes of a dozen right now. To bad DH is diabetic. :(

14. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Trouble is, Moon Pies are filled with heart clogging transfats.

15. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

You need to add at least one more category -

WHO CARES !!!

16. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Let me guess...You don't? :laugh:

17. AAA

AAA New Member

Got MILK???

18. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Those with a higher understanding of all things of God know that COKE is better than that p word!

19. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have to do something to your water to make it silly or does it come that was? :thumbs:

20. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Neither one is coffee...:thumbs: ; love me some java!