1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this a puzzle?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mima, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Let me "re-phrase" the statement.

The "LUST" had to be present for the "temptation" to exist,

the lust of the flesh is the temptation.

Was it also "impossible" for him to call the twelve legions of Angels and "NOT DIE"???

Overcoming the will of the flesh is the victory over sin, and part of that "WILL" was also "NOT TO DIE".

Just as it was possible to call the angels, it was possible to sin.

The "lust of the flesh" is the cause of sin, and in crucifying the "FLESH", Jesus crucified the "lust" of the flesh.

This is why we don't "fulfill the lust of the flesh", the "OLD MAN" is "dead",

Jesus "PURGED" our "CONSCIENCE" (ness) from sin, or from following the lust of the flesh.

"ALL FLESH" dies, this is the "once appointment" with death, but the "Second death" of the soul isn't appointed to any man, and the saved soul will "never die".

I notice in another thread, you don't understand the separation of "Flesh/Spirit". (soul)

2. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

The whole idea of Jesus being born of a woman, under the law, tempted, was to come down to the level of sin and defeat it.

Becoming a "MAN" was to have the same problems we have, but over coming them, "IF" you're in the "FLESH", you have the problems of the flesh, sin, hungry, thirst, tired, Etc.

Jesus begun life just like all of us, in a body of lust that is prone to sin the first chance it gets, he just stopped short of fulfilling that lust.

Ga 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

We are born "Blank slates", until that knowledge of good/evil enters. (age of accountability)

Ge 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.