1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is This A Trend?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by tyndale1946, Mar 17, 2015.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just heard today that another player has left the NFL after one season with the 49ers. After weighing his options said his future health was more important. As of now I believe that 4 men have hung up their cleats for good. Has the NFL truly address the safety issue? What needs to be done as you all see it? Told my wife just last night I guess the safest way would be to go to flag football? Isn't ruby just as tough and they don't wear armour?... Brother Glen

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol brother, I believe it's the inherent 'gladiator quality' of the game that appeals to so many, kinda like NASCAR, EVERYONE loves to see a great crash. Besides, if these resigning have managed those millions well they shouldn't lack for anything. :)

Hard for me to muster up a tear for them, they knew the score.

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with everything you said... But isn't it interesting that as soon the man on the 49ers left that the NFL defended their safety record on the net. Just saying they are all in it for the big bucks... From the top down to the lowest player... Everyone loves to see a great gladiator :rolleyes: oops I mean car crash... Brother Glen