1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this a valid prayer request?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On another thread I mentioned that our church has just made an agreement to rent a building.

The "current occupant" has 18 months left on his lease. His rent is $4000 a month. He has agreed to rent us the building for $200 - thats right, two hundred. ( our funds are limited)

I would like to ask the Lord for this mans business to proposer ( he merged the two offices) and thru that he will continue to give us a large discount on the rent, until we can afford more. I did tell him, that as we grow, we would consider increasing the amount we pay. Also, currently we are on a three day notice should he be able to sub-lease for the full amount.

BTW, the building has about 2,000 square feet on each of two floors. There is one large conference room, that we could seat about 30. The way the rooms are set up, If I stand in a certain spot, we could actually seat about 65-75!

So, is it wrong to ask for his business to prosper?

Salty

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not at all (unless he owns some questionable businesses)!

3. 4boys4joys

4boys4joys New Member

Do you know if he is saved ? Maybe you could find a door at the right moment and find out about him spiritually. If he becomes a Christian too then he would begin to have a burden and try to help. He could pray and ask God to prosper him. And of course he would be heaven bound !!

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I don't think it's wrong...even though you do have an ulterior motive.

Would you be praying for this man's business to prosper if you weren't going to get something out of it?