1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this America's future?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Grasshopper, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad that he is sticking up for himself.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do Canadians have a Bill of Rights in their federal constitution like we Americans do in ours?

The idea of such a thing happeing in the United States is rather far fetched, imo.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I visited the site and pulled up the links on the articles but no video.... is the problem with my computer or at the site?

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Yep. The Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms.

CLICK HERE

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I believe it is coming to America. I think about what is going on in California with the gay marriage movement and how those who support that movement want to do away with home schools and probably, at some point, Christian schools.

I don't believe the big question is whether or not it is coming, I think the big question is how will Christians respond. Will Christians respond, like Daniel, with boldness and faith? Or will Christians with complaining and crying? I pray it is the first. All Christians in America need to be ready to stand up. I believe we are going to find ourselves in a situation in this country, maybe very soon, were being a Bible believing Christian will be illegal. We need to be ready to preach the truth in an uncompromising way. We need to be ready to stand up to the ungodly leaders of our nation and, if need be, we need to be ready to go to jail. Just like the apostles, we need to preach the truth no matter what our government says.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I turned my volume up all the way and could just barely hear him. I didn't feel like straining my ears to hear it.

8. Beth

Beth New Member

From the viewpoint of an evangelical Christian

From the viewpoint of an evangelical Christian, I would not support the man's posting of the derogatory Muslim cartoon. While I understand that this thread is posted to highlight the loss of freedoms in Canada, we Christians should be reaching out to the lost in Islam, not making fun of their beliefs.

I believe Paul was our example of what to do in the face of various religions.....talk about the God whom they have not met as yet.

Acts 17:22 ¶ Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
    23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Are we facing fewer freedoms in our country, yes, I agree. I do not believe, though, it was wise to enrage the Muslim world with the cartoon. This is NOT the way to reach Muslims for the Lord.

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    same here. I have no idea what everybody is talking about. will somebody please give a brief digest of what's going on for the benefit of those like us with no speakers for our machines ?
    thanks.

10. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

11. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe we're about one decade from prison sentences for Biblical preachers in America. "Quit ye like men" "Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong"