1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this heresy?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by benz, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Put away your crayons. You have followed DHK from thread to thread following me to slang me when the scripture you just quoted plainly says if someone were to be made partakers of the Holy Ghost, which would have to be a believer, that such would never have a chance to repent again seeing they have put God to an open shame. You and DHK can twist it all you want but the scriptures says what it says.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I used that as an example one time, and upon your request did not refer to it again. I have referred to sins such as adultery, murder, lying, etc., all in hypothetical cases, such as "IF you were to die with such unconfessed sins, THEN you would go to hell (ACCORDING to your theology). It is all hypothetical. Obviously I am not calling you any of those things because first of all I don't accept your theology, and secondly, normally I preface my statements with an if or suppose.
    However there have been times where I have been quite dogmatic about the matter of being a liar. Why do you take it personally. The discussion was in general. I used Romans 3:4--every man a liar. I stated plainly that every man is a liar including you. That also includes me. Why would you take that personally if I call you a liar, me a liar, because God calls all liars. You know that was my statement, and is my belief. Our discussion revolved around that verse, and around 1John 1:8,10 which also says that if man says that he has not sinned there is no truth in him.
    So where have I wronged you.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Demonstrate that Bob. Prove it using both context and other Scripture.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1. Because I don't think you even come close to answering the scripture.

2. It is fables to say the scripture meant that the world were made partakers of the Holy Ghost.

3. You change it to mean something that would not go against your theory.

4. You can look at the above post and see that you started this debate off on this foot, not I.

Have you been angry with your brother Bob? Be careful how you answer. It is very easy to do a quick search and pull up posts that you have posted in the past. Have you broken the law? The evidence is very clear. Do I have to spell it out for you? Let me put it this way:
    If you had not committed murder (been angry with your brother) in your past posts, and had posted rashly, said things that you should not have said, then you would not have had to take a "vacation" enforced by the administrative council of the BB. Something doesn't add up here does it? The fact is you broke the law, and thus were disciplined accordingly. Don't make it worse by sitting there self-righteously and saying that you have not sinned or broken the law. You have. You have offended many. In the eyes of Jesus you have committed murder. Do you want me to pull up previous posts to demonstrate my point?

It is not my mess Bob, it is yours. You have broken God's law.
    Furthermore, because you put yourself under God's law and say that you keep God's law you also put yourself under the curse of God's law.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

You must continue to do all things that are written in the law--all the time, every day of your life. If you but break the law once you are cursed. This is what the Word teaches. It puts you under the curse of the law.

James also teaches:
    James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

If you make one false accusation on this board, one lie, say one thing in anger, then you are just as guilty as committing adultery, murder or stealing, or breaking all of the law put together. You are a law breaker. One sin is as bad as another. If, according to your theology, adultery is a sin unto death, then so is lying, and posting in anger.

But my sins are under the blood. God has forgiven me of all my sins: past present and future. I have full assurance that no matter what my condition at death I will go to heaven (unconfessed sin or not). My sins are buried in the depths of the deepest sea; they are cast behind his back; forgiven and forgotten never to be remembered again; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed them from me.
    There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.

You want to do some apologizing and we start off on a clean slate or is this a one sided deal.

#304 Brother Bob, Feb 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2007
  5. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Put away your crayons. You have followed DHK from thread to thread following me to slang me when the scripture you just quoted plainly says if someone were to be made partakers of the Holy Ghost, which would have to be a believer, that such would never have a chance to repent again seeing they have put God to an open shame. You and DHK can twist it all you want but the scriptures says what it says.by Bob

Dear Bob, The Scripture I just quoted was,
    Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Who is twisting Scripture? The Word of God makes a clear about statement about someone adding to the Word of God! Can you read?

Face FACTS bud, you are WRONG!!

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I was not going to get back in this thread, but Jesus never said this, and I will not let this stand! Look it up!

Ed

7. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Oh by the way, I don't follow DHK. I do however have a lot of respect for him and what he has posted. He is right down the line as far as I can tell.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Excuse me it was Peter but I do believe the scriptures to be the word of God and Jesus was God in the flesh. As a matter of fact He is the "Word".

Thank you Ed; as always.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Pride and self-righteousness is sin. I am not interested in your opinion of me, and I don't want you to give it. Answer the Scripture instead.
    Who said anything about the world. Read more carefully what I said. Who was a partaker of the Holy Spirit and why?
    I didn't change a thing. I explained Scripture to you. I did not change one thing in the Scripture. Is this a false accusation again? I don't have "theories" as such. I state what I believe according to what the Word of God teaches me. If you believe otherwise you have the perfect right to. It is called soul liberty, one of the Baptist distinctives. But you should be able to post in grace why you disagree instead of calling people names and their theology fables. That is uncalled for.
    It is your theology that needed to be corrected. Error needs to be exposed. I felt that it was necessary. I made reference to one thing one time that I apologize for, and that is all. I never mentioned it again.
    First Bob, I am not going to repost that long quote of yours. Everything I said in it save for one sentence could be applied to almost any poster who has been here for any length of time. I certainly can apply it to myself. I can call up posts with a search engine and tell you where I have spoken rashly etc. I was demonstrating Jesus definition of the sin of murder. These are not rash and foolish statements. If, according to your theology, sin can send a believer to hell, then one needs to define what sin is, don't we. That post can apply to anyone. I applied it to you. I had hoped you would have had a thicker skin than that. But I don't see where I have falsely accused you of anything.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And with that, and this thread gone over the 30 page limit, it is best to put this thread to rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.