1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this police officer racist and should he be convicted?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While national news media continue to focus on race in Ferguson, Missouri, where a white police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager, they apparently don’t think a similar case in Utah with the races reversed is that newsworthy.

Police in Salt Lake City are continuing their probe into an Aug. 11 shooting outside a 7-Eleven convenience store, when a black police officer, whom local media are referring to as “not white,” shot and killed 20-year-old Dillon Taylor, who was unarmed at the time, according to his supporters.

Police Chief Chris Burbank said the entire incident was captured on the body camera of the officer who shot Taylor.

“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,” Burbank told reporters.

He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months.

“It would be wholly inappropriate to take the most vital piece of evidence that we have and put it out to the public prior to the officer having some due process,” he said.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...lled-by-black-cop-heres-how-the-media-reacted

#1 Revmitchell, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't merit much attention, I guess.
    after all, it was JUST a white person, and the media, so-called, couldn't decide if they want to say 'black'.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I expect all those protesters in Jefferson to pack up and head for Salt Lake City, don't you?

Not to do so would indicate the protesters are the real racists in this deal.

4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Where's all the rioting, burning, looting, chaos and a sorry governor to turn a blind eye to it all, Salt Lake City? For shame! You Salt Lake City folks have the PERFECT opportunity to get free stuff. smh

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same for those on the Baord .....

.... if those on this board claiming the Ferguson shooting was racist, will we see them as racist if they don't jump on this one, and start their accusations of the cop in this shooting?

Just gotta wonder????:type:

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You get THIS to happen enough times as it has in reverse, or if you get enough of these cases where Blacks stump somebody's kids to death as they did in Texas, I bet you'd have the same thing you do in Ferguson.

Shoot, some of yall may not be rioting, burning, looting, etc. But your general tones about anything to do with black people shows a growing anger that is getting pretty close to the attitudes of those rioters.

7. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Merh....I would not call the posts in this or related threads (that I have viewed tonight) racist. Racism is the belief that some races are superior or inferior to others, and I don't think that's what they're intending to imply at all.
    But maybe that's just because I tend to assume the best about people whenever possible.=/

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According the the Obama Injustice Department's Eric Holder,

a black person cannot be guilty of civil rights violations.

From a civil rights standpoint, a black cop is free to kill as many white kids as he feels like.

#8 carpro, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As I said before,in reference to a mention of this case and the one in the Texas McDonalds, you keep getting enough of these cases where a black cop kills some white person's child, or where a group of black people stomp some white person's child to death, and the media will respond because the white parents will respond.

It behooves me how the minds of some of you can GET IT and want to know why the media hasn't corralled in the rarified situations where a white person gets killed but you don't seem to be questioning what took place in those instances. But with Michael Brown, the lot of you set about defending the officer and would post every thing but the kitchen sink about why he should be exonerated and things couldn't have possibly happened the way the "eye witnesses" said.

So have yall too jumped to conclusions?

10. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Blood thirsty mob no better than the KKK.

#10 Jedi Knight, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From everything I've read, this was a righteous shooting. That doesn't change a thing.

A civil rights investigation into this shooting should be underway.

The reason it's not is because Eric Holder is on record as being unwilling to prosecute any black person for violating anyones civil rights. He says it's just not possible for an ethnic minority to violate someone's civil rights.

Equal justice for all? Not for the racist running the justice department.