1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is this the same as sleeping with your neighbor?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 4, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very easy. Do not look out the window. Why not burry yourself in a book, watch a movie, or go the gymn? Flee temptation.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree wesleyan.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do what it takes. Flee temptation.

If only King David (and Bob) followed that advice. :(

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Tale of Two Great Men ....

Great point Dr. Bob. David should have turned and walked away, looked away and if neccessary, flee. Then we have the man who did flee, Joseph, and got framed. It is an age old problem in the nature of men and women, and it must be deat with to bring god glory and maintain our stature in Him.

I think that majority of respondants have given great answers. I asked the question because it was asked of me by a young couple. It was the wife having trouble usting after the neighbor. I just wanted to see if there were any women on the board that would give some good advice, and I think I got at least one.

5. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your solutions to your theoretical issues never ceases to amaze me.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It definitely shows a heart issue and one that needs to be dealt with. We watch TV and oftentimes, a Victoria's Secret commercial comes on and my husband turns to me, kisses me and tells me he loves me then asks me to tell him when it's over. His heart is such that he doesn't even want to entertain those thoughts.

The woman has enough self-control to not look and lust - she just needs to want to do it. THAT is the heart of the issue.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is another amazing thread, similar to the strapless dress thread.

How s*xually uptight are people that they would look forward to the Saturday afternoon bikini car wash? Here's how I would handle it, how I have handled similar situations. I notice the woman, I admit that she has a fine, curvaceous body. I remind myself that I'm married, I've made my lifelong choice, I love my wife, I'm never going to touch that other woman, so just forget about it. This would last about 5 seconds. Next week she's out there again, I'd just sigh and say to myself that she's showing off again, and forget about it.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

:thumbsup: "Amazing" in the amount of time and effort people will put into wasted space and endlessly irritating trillions of electrons for no apparent purpose.

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't hormones wonderful? :laugh: