1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this the truth about Obama?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can we trust anyone :laugh: -- someone said (On this board I think but don't know) that Obomba was tight with this group and donated money to it. However that doesn't prove anything either, if he would donate large sums to me I would still be honest and upright - just richer :thumbs:

[uhhhh Senator, you can pm me about the delivery]

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, lets try that theory, send me $5,ooo to Box 666, Salt City and lets see I say about you:laugh:

Salty

ps, no I am not exscentric

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Sounds prophetic? But does it have substance? I think the imminent danger of martial law with full powers to the executive is unlikely over a financial downfall..... But, say, an election polarizes enough divisions and questions and a group is persuaded that they've been disenfrancished enough to go on a revolt across the country....... Or say that we were attacked in multiple areas.......... Or a asteroid or comet hit our country .......or an outbreak of highly contagious and high mortality disease with containment difficult..... you get the picture.

I do think it is correct in presenting the most serious extremes of control and confiscation. This is one reason why legislation should be carefully scrutinized and guarded by the Congress.... because once law is created, it gives powers of execution of the law to the executive and enforcement agencies. Once an emergency is declared, any or all executive orders become applicable if needed.

You can google 'executive orders' and find wikipedia gives some general information on them.

If you are interested in knowing about the executive orders published since the Bush administration...... the source is right here:
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/orders/
    click on any one of the orders and it will lead you to the page containing the order, the legislation under which it is presumed that the President has the powers to execute, and the number of the order.

I found this link when searching for confirmation of a talk-radio host who stated that we've been under a general state of emergency published and announced by the President since the spring of 2008, which is supposedly one of the requirements in preparation for execution readiness of orders. .......However I have not been able to confirm this report, the seriousness of which, I think, deserves documentation if it is true.

A new party in the Whitehouse inherits the advantages and pitfalls of powers given by previous legislation.... and I think I'm correct in saying this, can keep, remove, or ammend the executive orders which remained from previous Presidents. Some may be specific to a certain time and circumstance which has passed, but some are more generally available, awaiting the right circumstance for their execution.

The rights of the states for the jurisdiction and protection of its citizens is one reason why, as with Katrina, the POTUS waited until the Govenor of La. was willing to declare a state of emergency and request federal assistance. Otherwise, the enforcement or dominance of civil law by federal law is limited to the jurisdiction of Washington DC.... an area of about 12 miles square. The response and the blame surrounding the mop up after Katrina, may have caused some changes to Congressional legislation or legislation-linked changes to the executive orders, which gives the POTUS more leave way in determining to send federal assistance, w/ or w/o the governor's invite.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Ooooooops!!!!

Is this the internet equivalent of being deaf?

The (very obviously) off topic of my comments in post 4
    were in response to clicking on the link and finding this page come up
    http://www.nolanchart.com/article5188.html
    ......which, of course, is not the link at all, but happens to be a page, among several opened in my browser at the same time, but I didn't realize that.

Sorry folks. This might have made a good new topic, but I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

The subject is Obama..........NOT executive orders.

I's sorry .........:tear: