1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this why Jesus died?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Marcia, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While non-Christians may not be able to identify with Christ's death for the forgiveness of their sins, they can identify with Christ's opposition to injustice.

If it was not written for him, it likely had to pass through editors who may be more sensitive to what offends atheists and non-Christians than Miller is. Or it may have been Miller's choice and if so, I would agree that it was a missed opportunity to more clearly share the gospel message because of sensitivity to the audience.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, but I think it's better to say the truth because God uses His word and truth to convict people.

I posted a link to a Christianity Today article earlier where Miller said he prepared the prayer. It is not clear if it was edited. Of course, if it were edited to the closing words he used, I would have maybe said my words anyway. But I think these were Miller's words and sentiments.

:thumbs: