1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is This Wrong?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 20, 2013.

?
  1. Not really, it is a nice gesture, I'm all for it

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. It is wrong, and demonstrates taking sides

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Here's my opinion on this

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. If it were done for Zimmerman, if would be wrong

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. Neither party should be getting recognition

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. It fans the flames of anger

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  8. Media needs to be more responsible right now

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. This would be more acceptable when feelings cool down

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  10. This makes Trayvon look like a martyr

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We aren't!

We just know that if someone dedicated a song or their show to Zimmerman, the court of public opinion would get up in arms.

Maybe Sean, Bill or Rush should do this on Monday? You'd for sure see the hate speach come out for that. And, though you wouldn't admit it, I'd remind you that I told you so! :wavey:

But, you won't have to worry about that happening, because those you call hypocrites and racists have too much class to do this!

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, there is no one on this board jumping up and down with glee that a black kid was killed by a non-black (Zimmerman is not white, totally, like Obama is not black, totally, which kinda doubles his hypocrisy), compared to those who will be satisfied only by the destruction of another person's life even if it means an unfair and biased proceeding places that person behind bars just because he killed a man of color.
    Let me explain that further.

We all are parents or siblings here, but here's what it is.
    From the get-go every politically correct bigot, from the president to the media, have been trying Zimmerman by publicity on the grounds that he killed a black young man.
    Instead of trying to keep the peace between races, they are stirring the pot, even before the law has been followed, the legal processes observed, and the accused tried by a jury of his peers.
    If anyone is showing a craving for blood, no matter how it is slaked, it is the Trayvon Martin side, and those who purport to "feel their grief", "identify with him", yadayadayada.
    The jury has spoken, clearly scrutinized the findings of the FBI, and, though their emotions WANT Zimmerman in jail, THE LAW says he should be set free.
    I am a non-white.
    But I can see that no matter which way the table is turned, Zimmerman is on the losing side because the blacks want things to be done THEIR way, not the law's way, and all because they can't seem to get out of their slavery past.
    THEY NEED TO GROW UP.
    If Zimmerman died at the hands of Trayvon Martin, and the law says Trayvon Martin MUST go to jail, these people, from Obama to Holder to Rihanna to Beyonce, to Jamie Foxx, to the Crips and the Bloods and everyone else in between with a chip on their shoulder because they're black and their mommas and poppas and gramps and grammys were exploited in the past, will want to get even and set Trayvon Martin free.
    And that is simply not right, and fair, and not the way a country of laws is supposed to operate.
    We might as well be a Taliban-operated country.

In the first place, this is not a "Christianity" question. This is a political question, or a current events question. Our Christianity is not worse off and yours better.
    It just shows a lot of us here have a different perspective on this issue, and if you've been reading the news lately you would find that A LOT OF BLACKS out there are not necessarily buying the hypocrisies of these so-called "celebrities".
    I salute you for how you feel about this issue, but you can't have everyone look at things your way.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Just a handfull of quotes from our discussions. The WHOs are unimportant. But they serve to show that on this Christian board, the attitude being displayed by some, not all, is GLEE that someone was killed.

And Hannity and Limbaugh and O]Reilly and Nugent are stirring it from the other side.

What does doing a dedication to someone's child's memory have to do with craving for blood?Their child is dead. The sentiment is no doubt appreciated by his parents who have expressed that people remain calm. God is opening the door for good to come of this tragedy and perhaps for all people to think before putting themselves in a like minded situation. But as this board continues to demonstrate, there's a dearth of the love of Christ on display here a lot of times that turns what should be a conversation about the love of Christ into a conversation about politics and some kind of way, their STILL anger about losing an election.

In some instances, yes indeed. But Zimmerman is on the losing side because he killed an unarmed person and it became a high profile situation. His actions helped him et to this point just as Trayvon's helped him to lose his life.

That's a big if.

As far as a lot of non-Whites are concerned, the justice system already treats them like that. So you're right. we might as well be a Taliban operated country as far as some are concerned.

Christians on this board are the ones making a stink about it. So it is indeed Christian heart question because this is the same type animosity coming from Christians that was being displayed when Obama was running for re-election.

It's a Christian heart question. It's just been made into a political question by the same ones who say that Blacks cry race about everything. Blacks might cry race a lot, but Whites seem to cry politics a lot. That's the seem excuse that was used by folks on this board during the last election cycle.

Never said it was. I'm just a poor , old wretched sinner who recognizes sin because i'm so good at it.

Not attempting to. Just wondering now why so many Christians have a problem with celebrities honoring the memory of someone's dead child and talking about idolatry.

This case just highlights again the propensity of folks on this board to put their politics before their Christianity.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    okay,zaac.
    let's just cut all these crap and go direct to the point.
    here's 2 questions to you:
    UNDER THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES,where the jury has found Zimmerman not guilty, in accordance with the arguments and evidences presented by both prosecution and defense, how and why was Trayvon Martin denied justice?
    what would have been justice for Martin according to your point of view ?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Where have I stated that Trayvon Martin was denied justice?

The courts couldn't give Trayvon Martin justice if they wanted. He's dead.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Avoidance of the questions. You're a smart guy; you understood what was being asked.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I sure do understand. That's why I said there can be no justice for Trayvon. He was killed. The courts can't do anything to make him "legally" whole.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why in the world that has to be explained is beyond me.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would it have been "justice" to find Zimmerman guilty and sentence him to life, or even 30 years?

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LIke most...

....radicals I have had the nauseating chance to meet and talk to in my life time, these people are great at pot stirring, hate spewing, and especially at avoiding the question or issues, even when it is placed at the tip of their nose!

These were fair questions, but like others that have asked him fair questions on other OP's, he remains an enigma, selfishly aloof and well hidden behind his personal agenda [which is to cast unjustified judgment at all that get in his way. This is the "shotgun" approach to debating: Hitting as many as you can with each salvo?]! :BangHead:

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Would it have been justice? I would say that is up to the jury, judge, prosecutors, and defense attorneys for the district in Florida. It should have remained a local case, and was really none of the business of the rest of the nation until the national media picked up on the story, and transformed it into a national issue. The motive is money, attention, profit, and greed at the expense of both men and their families. The national media is no better than prostitutes.

This story is a human tragedy. There are no winners. The forces of evil brought these two human beings. Anyone looking at this through the eyes of the Lord can only feel sorrow. It is not a competition to see who is more wrong or more right. In all of the coverage of this story, was one thing said concerning the salvation of George Zimmerman? Has one thing been said on this board?

The bottom line is that many have gotten their jollies from gossip, profit, and pure evil at the expense of two individuals and two families. Quite a Christian example.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Finally the correct question.:laugh: As I believe I said in another thread, I think the jury got the verdict right based upon the information presented.

So no, I don't believe it would have been just to do so as they didn't prove their case.

I do believe the case could have been made that he has a propensity for violence and confrontation and that he had made up his mind that he was going to pursue and confront Trayvon Martin. Too many pieces didn't match up after he got out his car. And those pieces point to what his history displays: violent and confrontational. A good prosecutor could have laid it out to show that George Zimmerman had made up his mind to take matters into his own hands and possibly pre-meditated the violence that ensued.

But the prosecution didn't make it.

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

You have implied it by your consistent refusal to accept the truth: "George Zimmerman did nothing wrong. He defended himself from a thug."

Denial of this truth means you cry out for "justice" that was actually done by George Zimmerman when he legally used his hand gun. End of story.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Well said saturneptune. That's one of the things i touched on about how even on this CHRISTIAN board, we are quick to make what should be an issue of the CHRISTIAN heart into an issue of politics.

We have prayed for both families in my house and at our church that God use this tragedy to bring people in both families and in the families of those watching, to Him.

That's why I think it should not be acceptable for us as Christians to be talking about using Blacks for target practice or that it's okay to call folks the "n" word, or proclamations that the "thug got what he deserved" without everyone expressing disgust.

We as a board continue to display that we put our politics and ideologies ahead of God and love of people.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I haven't implied anything. You obviously assumed what you wanted.

He got out his car and pursued someone and got into a confrontation that took someones's life. George Zimmerman did a WHOLE lot wrong. And it's nothing but prejudice against Blacks and ,as some on here say , "the race baiters" for crying race too much that has so many on this board and in conservative talk radio/tv land saying Zimmerman didn't do anything wrong.

They both did a lot wrong.

Denial of what truth? Your bias doesn't make an opinion the truth.:laugh:

#35 Zaac, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  16. thisnumbersdisconnected

Zaac, that is an absurd accusation, and I think you owe an apology to everyone here who disagrees with you.

No one is celebrating Trayvon's death. No one is celebrating George as a hero. George certainly doesn't feel like a hero. He defended his life, but at the expense of another life. That is a net-zero outcome from practical, moral and spiritual vantage points.

How did Trayvon come to that moment? What led him to be confrontational when all he had to be was respectful? Why attack a man when all he had to do was offer a brief explanation?

We'll never know. He's dead. But, unlike your constant and absurd assertion, he wasn't "murdered." He died, literally, at his own hand. He brought judgment upon himself. I know you'll never accept that, but you're going to have to accept that the verdict is just, fair and with great legal merit. Otherwise, you're going to die of a perforated ulcer from the worry you are putting into this matter.

You have asked also sorts of questions from the aspect of what George did wrong. Why not reverse some of those questions, making Trayvon the subject of such questions, and see if you don't come to the same conclusions the Stanton Police Department did. You realize, don't you, they did not prefer charges? You realize, don't you, the county attorney did not prefer charges? No, it was the state's attorney who preferred charges and fought the losing battle? Why? To gain justice? No, to gain political capital for the upcoming gubernatorial race. That's the only reason the case was tried.

It is a lousy reason to put a man through hell when he has already done that himself every single night since the young man died because he was trying to could kill George.

You don't like that viewpoint. Trayvon 's parents don't like that viewpoint. Too bad. It is the only viewpoint left standing.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks for the post. I saw some disgusting and terrible things growing up in the 50s and 60s in the deep South. We are all created by the Lord in need of a Savior, and this is the type of nonsense that shows exactly where our collective national mindset is. It is evil and pathetic. It is no better than the local church gossip.

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good start.....

This is the closet I have seen you come to admitting Martin was wrong [at fault] too! :wavey:

My reasoning behind this OP question is to see if anyone else thinks that Trayvon should be considered a hero, or martyr? As I've said many times, both were wrong, and it is sad that one had to pay the ultimate price. Still, we don't know if Zimmerman picked up his weapon that evening with the premeditated intent to go out, find a black person, and kill them?

LIKEWISE, we don't know if Trayvon was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time? We don't know what his motives were, nor do we know if he was to blame for the increase in home robberies. He may have been a lookout for another group of friends vandalizing and stealing when he was confronted by Zimmerman?

We just don't know what was the mindset of both boys, and with that said, I do not believe Trayvon should be hailed and have songs and programs dedicated to him, any more than Zimmerman should be accorded the same!

Let's say, for argument's sake, that in the next year, a group of teens is arrested for the burglaries, and it comes out in testimony, and DNA/fingerprint evidence that Trayvon was one of the groups stealing from homes in Zimmerman's neighborhood. Will you be willing to change your bravado? Will those blacks who have marched and demanded justice, apologize to Zimmerman? I don't think so?!?!? :BangHead:

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Apology for what? Based on what I read about the "thug getting what he deserved" and some other vile comments, there are some on here who genuinely sounded happy that a person had been killed.

So there will be no apologies other than to the folks who have read the unChristlike postings en masse and assumed that's how Christians feel because it's supposed to be a Christian board.

I would be downright ashamed for a lost or saved person to read some of the disgusting stuff that has been said on this board about this case.

We must not have been in the same threads because he was called a hero.

I never said that George did. But those who would politicize this sure want to make it seem as though he should be viewed as a hero.

He was being pursued by a man who had no business pursuing him.

That's crazy. Respectful of what? Somebody is pursuing you. Are you gonna turn around and extend your hand to sing kumbaya?

Umm, it's obvious from his phone calls why he attacked the man. He was being pursued. And then young minded kids do what young minded kids do which is usually the wrong thing even though he would have been within his legal right to do what he did according to Florida's SYG law.

It's absurd to you. I still think the case could have been made that Zimmerman set out that night to confront and kill someone. The prosecution just didn't do it. But they didn't do a lot of things well.

So he shot himself now?

Funny that you seem to be more worried about it than I am.

No need to as the majority on the board have stated what they believe Trayvon did wrong.

That's your opinion. An unarmed young man was was killed. I'm sure that played a part in why the case was tried.

Yes tell the dead young man's parents that. I'm sure that will bring them solace about the man who was walking around while their child was laying dead in a morgue.

Nope. Just the one YOu choose to accept.

20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...

You could always become a prosecutor? That county may be looking for one in the not too distant future? :wavey: