1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is This Your Prayer?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lord, train me, use me.

Is this your prayer?

I don't care if you are training to be a pastor, teacher, missionary, business person, sales person, nurse, or doctor. That should always be your prayer (2Tim 2:15).

Let's not lose site of this as we discuss education and schools.

:jesus:

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Martin,

You know that I'm all for accreditation, but does this refer to a person being led to the doors of an unaccredited school? Or, maybe the person shouldn't pray like that. What's your take?

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin, yes that has always been the focus of my life - well since the Lord finally got hold of me :thumbs: even though I did attend unaccredited schools. I did so through the Lord's leading though some suggest the Lord doesn't lead that way :laugh: Maybe I just have a different Lord than others or sumthen :type:

I also agree that no matter what you do in life that the prayer should be the same, we are His workers in the field of His choice. I've always worked secular work to pay the bills and that was my attitude toward work and ministry to the best of my ability.

And no I am not against accrediting. I went to school before it was much of an issue, in fact I didn't know it existed till my second college and then I had no idea that it mattered much what type.

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Incredible. You are the one person on this board whose writings I have read that I can agree with. To me that speaks very well of your training. Where did you go to school if you don't mind my asking?:godisgood:

5. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You are the one person on this board whose writings I have read that I can agree with." Uhhhh maybe that just speaks to your taste in reading :laugh:

Did two years at Western Bible Instutite now obsorbed into Colorado Christian U. in Denver CO

Finished BA at Baptist Bible College/Seminary Denver now obsorbed into Faith in Ankeny IA

Th.B. from Western Baptist Bible College, no called Corban.

Then couple from Trinity in Newburgh.

Wouldn't mind getting back to a class or two to clear the cobwebs out :thumbs:

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Keep on keeping on my brother. These schools seem to have served you well.

#6 Plain Old Bill, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
  7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Caution: Stay away from Trinity, Newburgh.

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Actually, my prayer has actually been just that He use me AND then a whole lot of training has followed the leading. Not all of it formal.

Maybe I'm doing it backwards . . . .

9. tank1976

tank1976 New Member

My pray is like this , but a little different.

" Lord, here am I. Send me, use me, transform me."

The Lord has just pierced this into me.

10. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why? curious minds want to know.

11. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure why the usually vocal voices about trinity are being so quiet :smilewinkgrin:

I would not want to put words in anyones mouth but to summarize what has been stated before they find Trinity lacking in RIGOR, CONTENT, FACULTY AND CHARACTER.

Trust if this is a misstatment that someone will correct me as well they should :tonofbricks:

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

dcorbett,

I'll encourage you to do a search of Trinity on BB, and you'll discover what Trinity is all about, even from those who've had firsthand dealings with Trinity.

Trinity does not have a good reputation, and not just because it's unaccredited.