1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Tom Cruise the new Goebbels?

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Sopranette, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Since the video of Tom Cruise's speech on Scientology has leaked, WWII historians are taking a closer look at the comparison between Cruise's, "Should we clean this place (America) up?", and Joseph Goebbels infamous line, "Do you want total war?", delivered in Berlin in 1943. Some people are comparing the video similar in propaganda to the 1936 Olympics. Tom Cruise was recently awarded a Freedom Medal of Valor (for achievement in the field of excellence) for his work with Scientology. He then turned and saluted a statue of L. Ron Hubbard.
    love, Sopranette

#1 Sopranette, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  2. Chessic

Chessic New Member

One thing the resent viral videos have taught me was the military symbolism within the church of Scientology. They appear to be more than just a secretive philosophy club; they actually have great focus, organization, and are not opposed to using military symbolism and protocol in their meetings.

3. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

From what I've read Tom Cruise is second in command of this movement. He discusses people who are not a part of this, as being part of the problem, that they will be a distant memory in the future. The church of Scientology has been accused more than once of brain washing its members. He talks about how this church will erradicate the entire world's problems, if only we chose to live by its principals.

love,

Sopranette

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Same message is delivered by the tv talking heads and their conglomerated corporate masters day in and day out. This is what elitists do. You don't think Tom Cruise or Joseph Goebbels come up with these views or how to disseminate them all by themselves do you?

Google Thomas Malthus, Charles Darwin, which led to eugenics which led to Edward Bernays which led to Joseph Goebbels which led to Tom Cruise (?)

5. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

No, I don't think Cruise reached this point all by himself. He looks like the perfect example of "brainwashing" to me. But I do think that someone saw a potential man of significant influence and passion for radical world change in him, and that is disconcerting to me, especially the way he perceives this world change happening. He may or may not have the intelligence for it, I don't know, but he certainly has the drive for it. To most of us he seems extreme to the point of being ridiculous, but to some he makes perfect sense.

love,

Sopranette

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This is one mixed up planet isn't it? People really do idolize celebs. I guess a nation of idol worshippers is always ready to be misled.

7. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

In this country, at least. Actors have been filling in government positions, even becoming President.

love,

Sopranette

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That goes without saying. In this country politicians have to be actors! How else could they get on camera and deny everything they've done off camera with a straight face?

Take George Bush for example. In his state of the union address he almost sheds a tear in front of the camera talking about the honorable oath of office he has broken more times off camera than I can count.

Long time ago I read Dianetics. Where are all the "clears" Hubbard talked about? Maybe Tom Cruise could point them out for us. That shouldn't be too much to ask should it? I mean if it really works and all where are they? Show me the "clears" Tom!

#8 poncho, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008