1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your church or pastor on the list?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by standingfirminChrist, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 28:11

Right on Npetreley!

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread (IMO) is a total waste of time and just one more way the evil one is using as a tactic to divide us one more time.

Repentance is encaspulated in the act of believing on Jesus Christ.

First of all comes reproval or conviction of sin, it is an act of God without our help.

There are intuitive elements which come along with that reproval, one is that God does not like sin, He hates sin and that is why He "reproves" us of sin to show His displeasure.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:​

When we are convicted of sin by the Holy Spirit He gives intuitive knowledge that our sin must be dealt with - thus - "and of judgment" and we need "righteousness" which only He can provide.

Think about it. Repentance in koine is meta-noia which when semantically broken down means a change-of mind.

Of course we have a change of mind at regeneration:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.​

We go from the old mind of Adam to the new mind of Christ.

The confusion comes when we try to disect the act of believing/regeneration into what leads up to it (conviction) and what happens afterward (or should happen) - God's righteousness both imputed and practical.

Rgenerated people have a brand new way of thinking because they have the mind of Christ.

Call it repentance or whatever.

I was saved while in the military.
    Immediately afterwards my life changed because my thinking changed.
    Everyone was asking "what happened to Hank"?

I didn't even have the concept of "repentance" but it didn't matter because I (as every child of God) was being led of the Holy Spirit and my thinking changed.

Sure I ocassionally stumbled along the way but sooner or later He always sought me out and put me back on my feet. And I was glad.

HankD

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No repentance = No Gospel!

The Great Commission in Luke says in Chapter 24:46-48 "And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things."

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

33 pages long already. This thread needs to be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.